Websites/Firefox Live 2
Project bug: bug 694445
We're teaming up with the Knoxville Zoo once again to present a live stream of baby red pandas.
The original Firefox Live website was created as a marketing campaign to teach the Mozilla community about the red panda, which inspired the design of the Firefox logo.
- Product Owner: William R
- Engagement: John S
- TPM: Christie K
- TPM: Chris M
- L10n: Pascal
- QA: Raymond E
- IT: Corey
- WebDev: Steven (SO)
- Security: Raymond F
Engine Company 1 will be responsible for the design & content of the campaign.
Silver Orange will implement the design.
Ooyala will provide the streaming infrastructure.
- Desired launch locales: en-US, ES, DE, FR (other locales can opt-in as well)
- File:Firefox-Live-2-Designs-v1.pdf -
Initial designs for Firefox Live 2. This is draft creative directions and copy (not final).
- File:Firefox-Live-2-Designs-v2.pdf -
Round 2 designs for Firefox Live 2. This is draft creative directions and copy (not final).
- File:Firefox-Live-2-Designs-v3.pdf - Round 3 designs for Firefox Live 2. This is draft creative directions and copy (not final).
- Facebook Like button (sharing the page) and Like box (becoming a fan). More info here.
- Twitter Tweet button and Follow us button
- Previous campaign's staging server: 
- 2011-10-12 - Video options with Ooyala
- 2011-10-14 - Logistics with Zoo
- 2011-10-17 - Schedule Review
- 2011-10-18 - Daily Status for 10-18-2011
- 2011-10-19 - Daily Status for 10-19-2011
- 2011-10-20 - Daily Status for 10-20-2011
- 2011-10-21 - Daily Status for 10-21-2011
- 2011-10-24 - Daily Status for 10-24-2011
- 2011-10-25 - Daily Status for 10-25-2011
- 2011-10-25 - Tech requirements chat with Ooyala
- 2011-10-26 - Daily Status for 10-26-2011
- 2011-10-27 - Daily Status for 10-27-2011
- 2011-10-31 - Daily Status for 10-31-2011
- 2011-11-01 - Daily Status for 11-01-2011
- 2011-11-02 - Daily Status for 11-02-2011
- 2011-11-03 - Daily Status for 11-03-2011
- 2011-11-04 - Daily Status for 11-04-2011
Let's collaborate on #firefoxlive
- bug 694445 - Track bug
- Utilize Ooyala's video player to show three streams from the Zoo (documentation forthcoming).
- Default camera angle is: 360 Cute
- The visitor should be able to switch amongst the three camera angles.
- Before the video stream of the cubs is shown, display an animated welcome message and "loading" bar over the video container.
- Track returning users to site with a cookie and display a different welcome message to returning users.
- If the visitor is not using Firefox, overlay a special message with a download button first before displaying welcome text and then the video.
- Page should include Facebook Like button and Tweet button for sharing the page. More info here.
- Returning visitors should see an overlay that includes a Facebook Like box and Follow us button for subscribing to our social media accounts. This will appear below the sharing CTA and buttons.
- Any pre-populated sharing text should be localized (but links back to mozilla.org should not include locale).
- Page should have support for RTL languages bug 697353.
- The Twitter stream block at the bottom should not be displayed for non-English locales as the content in the stream can't be localized. The two other blocks should be centered along the bottom.
- Desired launch locales: en-US, ES, DE, FR (other locales can opt-in as well).
- Metrics in order of priority: Standard WebTrends tracking by date/locale, number of clicks on each of the four social buttons by date/locale, download button conversions by date/locale, number of returning users by date/locale bug 697283
- Do we continue to show the returning user overlay and/or the non-FF overlay on multiple return visits (e.g. the 3rd, 4th, etc)?
- Soft launch: November 4
- Public launch: November 9
(November 9th is the anniversary of the first Firefox launch.)