- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600 (US/International) <-- NOTE new extension number
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600 (Canada) <-- NOTE new extension number
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- http://air.mozilla.com/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
WeeklyUpdate Live: You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the "on-demand" button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Please send FotT nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.
Branch work: Firefox 22.214.171.124 / 3.0.4
- Code freeze for 126.96.36.199/3.0.4 is *this Friday*, though we're pushing to get most checkins in by tomorrow.
- Release scheduled for November 12
- Just working on Beta 2.
- For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
- Interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1
- 78 1.9.1 blockers.
- Looks like we need to do some triage as well, noms: 205 overall, 16 GFX, 22 Content, 14 JS, 26 Layout.
- 284 wanted bugs (also up) NOTE: Work on blockers, not wanted bugs, if you can!
- 17k+ users on beta 1
- feedback generally positive
- work underway for beta 2
- string freeze is Thursday, October 30th at 11:59pm
- code freeze is Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59pm
- will talk tomorrow at developer's meeting about fsync issue and tradeoffs there
- Shredder Alpha 3 shipped last week
- Beta 1 schedule
- String freeze: November 13
- Code freeze: November 18
Fennec User Experience Alpha released. w00t!
Neutral to positive reviews
- Hg timeout issues (bug 460054) - Hg frontend is now being served out of read only servers. Issues with builds timing out are now resolved.
- Conference bridge extension is changing to x92, because of people inside Mozilla mis-dialing 911 trying to get into the conference system. Both x91 and x92 work currently, but x91 will go away in a few weeks (it will have a recording informing of the new number).
- getting ready for FF3.1relbranch work after beta2
- fyi: larger pool handed 8 builds-at-the-same-time earlier this morning
- unittest and build slaves being merged this week, should be able to handler even more.
- downtime tomorrow morning for buildbot upgrade, see newsgroup for details.
- RelEng meeting in Toronto last week.
Firefox 2.0.0.x/3.0.x - Finished triaging most of the wanted+ list. [ss]
- Beta 1 release testing: Update testing, live testing, and released on Tuesday!
- Feature testing
- Places: 20% of test cases done. Waiting on tag auto-complete work to land [tracy]
- Addons: test plan is 70% complete; awaiting feature completion in beta 2. [tchung]
- Video and audio tags: Created a dozen testcases in litmus [tchung]
- Multiple backgrounds: writing reftests for this [mw22]
- Private Browsing: Test Plan is 75% complete. Continuing to test tryserver builds as feature has not landed. [marcia]
- Running with JIT enabled and was able to reproduce a crash on cars.com [marcia, stephend]
- Lots of bug fix verifications
- Running i-Bench, Global 500 tests, JS tests [tomcat]
Mobile: tested many releases/platforms to qualify fennec alpha 1 release. [jmaher, ctalbert, abillings] Ran Global 500 tests fennec/linux. [jmaher]
- Code Coverage: preliminary C/C++ coverage is 34% when just starting the browser, visiting a few sites, going to AMO, and then shutting down. We get 50% coverage when running all the automated mochitests. Next steps are to run any other unittest tests (reftests, xpcshell, or any others not in the unittest framework) and setup the instrumentation to measure JS coverage.[mnandigama]
- Created test cases for 8 JS bugs [bc]
- Updated Spider to support Fennec testing [bc]
- QA Companion: Recruited two volunteers to help with QA Companion extension maintenance and develpoment. Put together a Design Brainstorming Center and a Hacking Guide for the tool.
- Test day Friday was a little light. See results. Top tester was a new community member, nick=stephen. Thanks Stephen!!
- Fennec Alpha 1 released. Coverage and reviews in tech and mobile publications including RCR Wireless, Lifehacker, Ars Technica, CNet, InternetNews
- Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 released Tuesday. Coverage highlights include: BetaNews, ComputerWorld, PC Magazine, Ars Technica
- Open Source World Conference, Malaga, Spain, Oct. 20 - 21: Tristan keynoting.
- Web 2.0 Berlin, Oct 21 - 23: John Lilly is keynoting.
- Moz Camp, Barcelona, Spain, Oct. 25 - 26
- Mozilla Labs EU Innovation Tour: Aza Raskin & Dan Mills will be in Europe from Oct 20-26 for both press meetings and labs meetups.
- Internet CEE Conference, Warsaw, Poland Oct 28: Seth Bindernagel will hold a session on the Importance of Localization in Open Source
U.S. and more:
- Phreak, Velore, India: Hosting remote presentation on Labs with Jono DiCarlo tonight at 7:00 p.m. in Building K.
- FSOSS, Oct. 23 - 24, Seneca College, Toronto - Several Mozilla speakers!
- Nonprofit Software Development Summit, Nov. 17 - 19, Oakland, CA: Please check it out if you are local!
- Green Festival, San Francisco, Nov. 14 - 16: Mozilla will have passes for 200 people. Please let Mary or Julie know if you want to attend.
- FOSSCamp, Mountain View, Dec. 5 - 6: Organized by Ubuntu folks. Please check it out if you are local!
- Next events triage will be held on October 22nd, 2008 at 10am PDT. 650-903-0800, ext 91, id 248
- Initial submission deadline closes this Friday, 10/24.
- We're currently receiving about 10 submissions each day
- The marketing team will be sorting through the proposed strategies/ideas next week
Community Store - Coming Soon!
- Quick background here: http://musingt.com/?p=30
- Open-sourcing t-shirt designs, where anyone can upload designs, create and customize their own products through Zazzle.
- Store to be launched in the next month, so stay tuned for more info.
Plans for next Support Firefox Day (Friday, November 21):
- Main topic of SFD: Localizing SUMO
- Secondary topic: Mozilla 2010 Goals
- We're planning to have a 3-hour event in 3 different timeslots (Asia, Europe and the Americas)
- Localizing SUMO: Getting started and translating your first article. (cww)
- Keeping your translations and locale up to date: finding out when things change and working with your locale to complete translation. (cilias)
- Mozilla 2010 goals (djst+Mitchell leading intro?). A roundtable/open discussion on 2010 goals for Mozilla.
- As part of our evaluation of website optimization tools, we're planning to roll-out an initial test this week on a single page at mozilla.com. An introduction of our plans is here.
- New Firefox 3.1 documentation this week:
- Tracking changes to the video element implementation; documentation updates forthcoming this week.
- Continuing to work on Firefox 3.1 documentation updates for the forseeable future.
- Working with Morgamic and co. to get add-ons changes for 3.1 documented and communicated to add-ons developers.
- RRRT: No surprises for 3.1 beta!
- second preview of Snowl 0.2 released; more info in the blog post
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Plan and schedule for 3.1 compatibility push
- AMO 4.0.2 launched last week
- AMO 4.0.3 open bugs & fixed bugs - in planning
- Will push an intermediate update on 10/23 (Thursday) to push changes for collections (add-ons lists!)
- Add-on download count statistics are skewed again see bug 456687 -- we're working on this
- Wrapping up support for Fennec on AMO, see bug 453517
l10n team meeting in Paris, real updates next week.
- Powered by Mozilla: David updated the Map of the Mozpad Universe page to create a list of potential contacts.
- Zak continued research who is doing what in open source education, and created a public wiki page for this project.
- Silvia Pfeiffer was featured in a Linux.com story about her Mozilla Foundation-funded work on video accessibility.
- Foundation team had prepared for 2010 Goals conversations. We will be posting and asking people to participate online in coming days, and also at MozCamp Europe.
- Mark met with Dave Humphrey to talk about future Seneca open source course programs and Mozilla education overall.
Public communications and community outreach
- Powered by Mozilla
- David posted proposed Powered by Mozilla design guidelines and a draft landing page.
- David updated the Map of the Mozpad Universe page to create a list of potential contacts.
- David continued with archiving, redirect and bug triage work.
- David had a call with Gandalf about contribute.mozilla.org and started helping to QA the site
- Gerv represented the Mozilla Foundation at the mySociety fifth birthday event (October 14, London).
- Mark and Frank will attend and participate in the FSOSS 2008 conference at Seneca College (October 23-24, Toronto).
- Mark will attend EU Mozilla Camp (October 25-26, Barcelona).
- We have a Mozilla Foundation staff retreat planned for late October (October 28-30, Mountain View).
- Zak will deliver the opening keynote for the AFUP (French PHP User Group) Forum PHP conference (December 8, Paris)