- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Everyone who worked to get a live WebM stream up during this weekend's WebFWD Hack Day - https://twitter.com/airmozilla/status/201446072730656768
- All of IT/Operations for their hard work & effort over the last three months moving data centers. They worked odd hours, often over evenings and weekends to minimize disruption. Out of the hundreds of websites and services moved, few needed downtime!
- This week, mobile and Apps QA needs help in mobile web compatibility testing - find problems in top sites that do UA sniffing or use webkit prefixes in firefox mobile!
- See here for how to get started
Monday, 14 May
Tuesday, 15 May
Wednesday, 16 May
Thursday, 17 May
- Grow Mozilla meeting at 10 AM pacific
- Topics include using Mozilla Spaces for community building and growing community building skills with Mozilla Brain Builders
- Full agenda and dial-in information
|How is UX different than UI?||Brandon Schauer||12:00pm PST|
Friday, 18 May
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Some highlights from the Firefox work week:
- Scratchpad backending to github gists
- Jetpacks in scratchpad
- Task-specific icons in Windows 7 jumplists
- Finalized interactions and designs for the new downloads manager
- Sync meet-up and discussion to evaluate how to move forward with a smaller core, by moving data handling to components and allowing the Sync team to concentrate on the real Sync functionality
- Session Store meet-up and discussion on how to move forward with Speedy Session Restore as well as SS2 (rewriting SS).
- Initial explorations of a Fennec reading mode (post-1.0)
- Implemented Windows 8 appbar
- Roll your own one-off, bespoke debuggers in the scratchpad.
- Responsive Design tool for web developers
- Honza made Firebug's HTTP Monitor a standalone component, and it can now remote-monitor fennec, too
- Gavin gave a great talk about code review
- Tim Abraldes demoed the Web App runtime
- Margaret walked us through Hacking Fennec
- Brian Bondy updated the status of our Windows 8 work
- Felipe found and fixed memory leaks with about:cc
- Dietrich walked through the state of the browser components team
- David Dahl went meta, and talked about giving Firefox talks in our community
- Also, check out the MSU student project on in-content preferences for Firefox
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Going to beta this week!
- Why are you even looking for another bullet point, here?
- Going. To. Beta. This. Week!
Older Branch Work
Summer Code Party
Speaker Location: Matt T in Toronto
- The Mozilla Summer Code Party = teaching the world the web this summer. With tools and projects that make it easy and fun.
- Kicking off June 23. Formal public announcement coming May 22.
- In the mean time: help beta test these new webmaker projects?
- The goal: learning by making. Starter projects and games that help people learn HTML & CSS by getting their hands dirty.
- Let us know what you think. Do they work? Are they clear? Fun?
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|WebFWD Team Presentations||Cheerleader: Diane Bisgeier||We have the WebFWD teams in town - and today they will do a 30 sec elevator pitch presenting their projects||http://cl.ly/GbD6/WebFWD%20Teams.pdf||https://webfwd.org/portfolio/|
|Marketplace Mozillian Preview||Justin Scott||Reminder that we need your help testing our app Marketplace||https://marketplace.mozilla.org||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Mozillian_Preview|
|Reset Firefox is awesome magic!||Michael Verdi||Demo new Reset Firefox feature in Firefox 13||http://youtu.be/SSr2u1wMoFg||http://support.mozilla.org/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems|
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Simon Bennetts||Yvan Boily||Mountain View||Security Automation|
|Rehan Dalal||James Socol||Toronto||SUMO Engineering|
|Vladimir Vukicevic||JP Rosevear||Toronto||Engineering Director|
|Andrew Overholt||Johnny Stenback||Mountain View||Engineering Manager|
|Marshall Culpepper||Faramarz Rashed||Mountain View||Software Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Benjamin Peterson||Dave Mandelin||Mountain View||Platform Team|
|Thaddée Tyl||Matthew Noorenberghe||Mountain View||Firefox DevTools Script Team|
|Lindsey Kuper-you may recognize Lindsey from such films as "I Missed The Nerd Cave" and "Back From the Future-The Prequel"||Dave Herman||Mountain View||Research Team|
|Eric Holk- you may recognize Eric from such indie pop hits as "I know Where You Were Last Summer" and "You'd Actually Do That Again?"||Dave Herman||Mountain View||Research Team|
|Devdatta Akhawe||Sid Stamm||Mountain View||Research/Privacy|
|David Zbarsky||Faramarz Rashed||Mountain View||Platform Team|
|Xiao Meng Wei (Eric)||Kevin Brosnan||Mountain View||QA Team|
|Zack Carter||Dan Mills||Mountain View||Browser ID|
|Andrew Hurle||Matthew Noorenberghe||Mountain View||Firefox Team|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- MDN migrated out of SJC1 to SCL3, virtually zero downtime
- many smaller/older services migrated out of SJC1, mostly to PHX1
- Sheeri Cabral and Pete Fritchman represented Mozilla IT at http://www.picconf.org/
- No updates
-  shipped last Thursday
- Firefox Flicks
- Shipped the wrap-up page
- shipped 2.4 bugs
- Shipped a very minor release on 2012-05-09
- no release last week due to server migration
- No release last week.
- Continuous Deployment; no updates
- Working on WebDriver migration
- Started testing https://make-dev.mozillalabs.com
Automation & Tools
- please note we are changing from whiteboard tags to keywords for security markings
- Use both keyword and whitboard tag until Fri-May-18 as our transition period so we can verify searches work properly
- The Engadget interview: Mozilla Chief of Innovation Todd Simpson at CTIA 2012 (video)
- Today in Tech: Mozilla Going Mobile
- This Phone Is All Firefox, All the Way
- Mozilla CEO pushes for HTML 5 over mobile apps