- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
feer56 for spotting b2g bugs on the geek phones
Our community of Mozillians in Latin America for making the Firefox OS launches in Colombia and Venezuela amazing. These launches would not have been possible without their tireless work, creativity, improvisation, professionalism and decision-making.
Clarissa Sorenson for her creative problem solving and ability to stay positive up until the very last possible moment.
Nick Desaulniers (and others) for the work-around that saved Clarissa Sorenson a LOT of time while working tech magic in Bogota
Monday, 05 August
- MAKER PARTY: Bronx, USA: five-day DreamYard Fashion Week program for high school students to explore personal style, design a garment and sew it into existence.
- MAKER PARTY: Pittsburgh, USA: five-day Girls Rock! music and empowerment summer day camp for girls ages 8-16. The week concludes with a big performance at Penn Avenue's Mr. Roboto Project.
- MAKER PARTY: Toronto, Canada: five-day Girls Learning Code August Summer Camp where girls, in groups, will work throughout the week on creating a website (using HTML and CSS and Mozilla Thimble) to showcase their new inventions.
- MAKER PARTY: Toronto, Canada: week-long Young Rewired State Summer Camp annual celebration of everything code. This camp takes place throughout the UK and ends with a long weekend where all participants come together to showcase the amazing achievements created during the week.
Tuesday, 06 August
- IndieWebCampSF Hack Day - 13:00-18:00 Mozilla SF, first floor common area. IndieWeb Mozilla hackers welcome! See Tantek for any questions (or #indiewebcamp on Freenode IRC).
Wednesday, 07 August
- W3C Social Web Workshop - all day, San Francisco, CA.
Thursday, 08 August
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- W3C Social Web Workshop - all day, San Francisco, CA.
- UP (User Personalization) Brownbag - 11am Pacific in SFO Commons and Air Mozilla. Join us to learn more about the UP proposal, a way for users to have a more personalized web experience that they're in control of.
Friday, 09 August
- MAKER PARTY: Queens, USA: Maker Corps Final Party & Expo will be presenting the work of the Maker Corps team and three Summer Pathways for Innovation Teaching Fellows from New York Hall of Science and Hive NYC. They will present 3D web pages, electrical mapping, LED architecture, bridge building, strategies for participant reflection, DIY programming, maker infused-common core curriculum, remixable documentation and MORE!
- MAKER PARTY: Punjab, India: Bombarding Webmaker will teach young students how to hack web pages using Thimble, create their own videos by using Popcorn Maker add to their own websites!
- Intern Presentations starting at 1pm PDT in 10 Forward and the 1st floor SF Commons. Come see Michael Vitousek, Aaron Todd, Evan Shapiro, and Ashish Dubey present all the glorious stuff they've been working on this summer!
Saturday, 10 August
- MAKER PARTY: Toronto, Canada: two-day PyCon Maker Party will teach how to remix and create websites, videos, and more with Mozilla's Webmaker tools to PyCon Canada's youth
- MAKER PARTY: Rivière du Rempart, Mauritius: Maker party will introduce webmaker tools to 20 youth through the island of Mauritius.
- MAKER PARTY: Madhya Pradesh, India: MozHacker'13 - Hack, Learn & Teach Bhopal is an effort to build a Mozilla and FOSS community in the city. The event would include a sessions on Mozilla Webmaker, hands-on with awesome Webmaker tools like Thimble, Popcorn and X-Ray Goggles.. FOSS , Mozilla Initiatives and Contributions and a FOSS quiz.
- MAKER PARTY: Lagunes, Côte d'Ivoire: Mozilla Maker Part I is the first Maker Event in Ivory Coast and is an Workshop to learn Web Making with Mozilla et Webmaker tools.
Sunday, 11 August
We will be having a Live Meeting on Air Mozilla for the SuMo Mobile meeting
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: SF - A formal announcement of the GMail Identity Bridge will happen on Thursday. Follow the blog (http://identity.mozilla.com/) and @MozillaPersona on Twitter.
Colombia FxOS Launch overview (with pictures!) - David Slater Speaker Location: Mountain View
- FxOS 1.2 Teams, features and status.
- Gaia integration test framework landed, use the heck out of it.
- If you're developing or testing Gaia master on mozilla-central, report issues on this bug.
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Help us build a history of Mozilla told by Mozillians. Please share your memories about this Mozilla milestone:
- July 9, 2010: Several hundred Mozillians take a group photo on top of a mountain at Summit in Whistler
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Winston Bowden||Community Engagement||Firefox OS Campaign report||San Francisco||Yes|
|Kate Naszradi||Summit Communications Director||Summit 2013 Updates||San Francisco||No||Summit Wiki||Summit Communications and Brownbag slides|
|Crystal Beasley||User Experience||UX Newspaper Call for Content||Portland||No||send content ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|John O'Duinn||Director, Release Engineering||Infrastructure load||San Francisco||No||[ http://oduinn.com/blog/2013/08/05/infrastructure-load-for-july-2013/ ]|
|Dave Miller||IT Infrastructure Engineer||60 seconds with IT||Remote/Vidyo||No|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians!
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Jonas Jensen||Taras Glek||Remote||Remote - Denmark/First week in Toronto||Engineering|
|Josh Mize||Chris More||Mountain View||Tulsa Oklahoma||Senior Web Developer - Web Productions|
|James Graham||Clint Talbert||Mountain View||London||Engineering|
|Diego Marcos||Dylan Oliver||Mountain View||San Francisco||Engineering|
|Stephanie Turner||Rick Fant||Mountain View||Remote - WA||Program Manager|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Tom Herold||Dylan Oliver||MV||SF||Firefox OS|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
- Minion - Mozilla Security Assurance team announced the release of web security testing tool Minion v0.3. Read more about it here and here
- Security Fuzzing Collaboration with Blackberry - Read more about it here
"Now that the phone is available in a few more markets, hopefully we’ll start to see what kind of a dent it can make in worldwide mobile usage stats, if any, and that’ll tell us whether Mozilla’s attempt to challenge the big guys from the bottom up is working." - Darrell Etherington, TechCrunch