- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to erosman, rctgamer3, Lucian Corlaciu, and B.J. Herbison for reviewing 5+ extensions last week on AMO!
- Thanks to the following Tech Speakers who contributed to our busiest speaking week of 2018: Aka, Bob, Felipe, Daniele, Elio, Eugenio, Kiki, Sujit, Anjana, Florian, Carsten, Vignesher who delivered talks and workshops in Ghana, the Philippines, Brazil, Italy, Germany, Indonesia, Nepal, the Netherlands, & the USA
Monday, 14 May
Tuesday, 15 May
- WebExtensions APIs triage
- 17:30 UTC / 10:30am PDT | ACE Vidyo Room
Wednesday, 16 May
Thursday, 17 May
- Mozilla Presents Reality Redrawn
- 5:30pm to 9:30pm PDT | At The Technical Museum of Innovation
- Shift Control: Live Storytelling at Curious Comedy in Portland
- Five local storytellers will take us through making a hard or controversial choice for the greater good and what followed with the award-winning Deanne Smith joining as our host and headliner!
Friday, 18 May
Saturday, 19 May
Sunday, 20 May
- Monthly Speaker Series: Tracking in the Open, with Arvind Narayanan
Arvind Narayanan of Princeton will share what Firefox (and other browser makers) can do to protect users from risky data collection practices on the web in ways that align with Mozilla's values, facilitate responsible advertising, and increase user trust in the web. Specifically, Arvind will draw from his Web Census research, a measurement & analysis of one million websites and the largest and most detailed measurement of online tracking so far. Arvind will discuss ideas for how Firefox can move forward with content blocking while minimizing breakage of websites. Steve Englehardt, the lead Ph.D. student behind the Web Census research, and a new Mozillian, will be present; Arvind and Steve will answer questions during the Q&A section.
- May 22 - Firefox + Widmer Open-Source Beer Release at Pints for Portland Event
- Come join and taste a sample of the beer chosen by the people! Proceeds will benefit Portland Women in Tech.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Andrew Krug||InfoSec||Weekly IT MinIT||Via pre-recorded video while I'm on an airplane!||No||https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fngn45NSoQw6za6D_EdDGGYZ1NW3YhnO||https://wiki.mozilla.org/IT/WeeklyMinIT|
|Ali Spivak||Head of Developer Ecosystem||Emerging Technologies weekly update||San Francisco||no||n/a||ET Weekly Updates wiki page|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||Weekly Firefox Update||MTV||no||n/a||2018-05-14|
|Lizz Noonan||D&I Project Manager||Outreachy May - August interns!||Remote||no||n/a||[outreachy.org]|
|Mike Hoye||Engineering Community manager||Engineering Onboarding||MoTo||no||n/a||Calendar link!|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Tanushree Podder||Botond Ballo||Toronto||Toronto||Platform Graphics intern|
|Tania Maity||Tom Grabowski||Toronto||Toronto||Firefox QA|
|Michael Rose||Jeff Garver||Mountain View||Washington DC||Legal Intern Summer|
|Natalie Linden||Tim Murray||San Francisco||San Diego||Head of Copywriting|