Auto-tools/Old Project Page
This is an old revision of our projects page and was moved off in October of 2013. It is kept only for reference.
Automation and Tools Projects
Our projects can be broken up as follows:
- Performance - Projects surrounding measurement of performance
- Web Tools - Projects to build web tools and web UIs for automation frameworks
- Automation - Projects to automate some process or create automation frameworks
- Tool Infrastructure - Tool "building blocks" from which we can make other tools
Please fill out this table with your best estimates for the projects you are involved in. An explanation of the fields:
- Area - one of the four project areas
- Project Name - the project name, and should be a wiki link to a project details page at Auto-tools/Projects/<projectname> (See Project Foo below for an example)
- Owner - The one (or rarely, two) people that own this project.
We have our own template for new projects.
Quarterly Goals and Plans
- Ensure B2G has all test automation available to prepare for launch.
- Expand and stabilize Test Automation on new and existing device platforms for NEON and ARMv6 support.
- Create and deploy performance automation for desktop, fennec, and B2G product benchmarks.
- Update our bugzilla instance to 4.2 providing many benefits from UI to helping people keep track of bugs/projects from within Bugzilla..
- Make the process of sheriffing easier by updating TBPL and helping make it easier to handle the intermittent test problem.
- Expand and modernize the QA Automation framework as well as make it easier and more clear how to write automated tests for QA.
General Tools and Automation Frameworks
|Signal From Noise
|Speed Test Framework
|Spade (Mobile Evangelism Site-Scraper)
|Bugzilla Pulse & Tool Integration
|Bugzilla Change Notification Service
|Templeton (Web UX Platform)
|Tool Infrastructure /
|mcote (C++), jmaher (Java)
|Bisect In The Cloud
Some of our projects can be accomplished in a short time while others will take longer, even several months. The prioritized projects reflect the most important projects in the current quarter and include the appropriate tasks which have to be fulfilled during that time. Other active projects have lower priority.
Firefox UI Tests
|Firefox UI Tests
|Dashboard to visualize Mozmill test results from the automated test-runs and the Mozmill Crowd extension
|Building and enhancing the API and shared modules for our Mozmill tests for Firefox
|Provide automation training to larger community through 4 automation training events
|To help any team in the Mozilla project we work on several extensions.
|Establish the team presence across websites (Wiki, MDN) and improve the documentation to increase collaboration with the test automation community
|Building up and maintaining the infrastructure for automation tasks
|Open Web Applications
|Implemention of necessary APIs and support the addition of tests to execute automated tests for web apps in Firefox
|Testing and Profiling tool for Sync
|Stability testing tool
\o/ Completed \o/
Bug Stats Websites(existing sites no longer appropriate since switching to release-train process) MozTrap(version 1.1 completed and released) JS Reftest suite Mozmill 1.4 QA Companion Tool OOPP test infrastructure and NPAPI test suite creation GrafxBot Crossweave v1 Mozmill 1.5 Android Mochitest, Reftest, Js Reftest, Crashtest, Talos Bug Hunter Initial Rollout Fennec Profile Manager Desktop Profile Manager Replacement SpeedTest v1 Framework Toolbox Updated Guided Bug Entry Xperf Talos "Instant" Quick Search AutoLog Bug Hunter [[Services/Sync/FxSync/Crossweave2|TPS (Crossweave 2)] Robocop mozdownload Manifest Destiny SpecialPowers Mozregression (Regression Hunter) Bugzilla Native REST API
A collection of cool projects that are larger in scope but really awesome ideas [Big Dreams]