- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 Issues
- 4 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 The Overview
- 7.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 7.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 7.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 7.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 7.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 7.6 Holidays and Trips
- 8 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- Goal: Continue to deliver B2G automation support for in house developers and partners - jgriffin & team
- Goal: Create new Performance measurement tool with performance team to measure startup using the best of our new tools - mozharness/mozbase/datazilla. - jmaher & perf team
- Goal: Support next generation android efforts by getting Android x86 virtualized environments to run mochitests - bc
- Goal: Improve test slave capacity by allowing linux desktop tests to be entirely virtualized for tests that do not need hardware support. - jmaher & Releng
- Goal: Build to support future capacity for workflow and performance by:
- Deploying Bugzilla 4.2 - dkl, glob
- Publicizing and starting on an effort to revamp TBPL - jeads, edmorley & team
- Updating test harnesses to use mozbase and mozharness and creating a migration plan for moving to better test reporting across the board (migration planned for Q2 to coincide with TBPL v2 delivery) - jhammel & ahal
- Revamp GoFaster measurement tools - camd
- Create plan for triage workflow and begin triaging according to it - lizzard
- Make all QA centered automation ready for rapid betas to allow the desktop team to work faster - Henrik & team
This is a place for people to put announcements or to describe activities that they'd like to highlight. It's not the responsibility of the MC to find things to put here.
Any issues that need discussing with the entire team go here
- New Meeting format
In-Depth Project Discussion
Pick one project/presenter per week who will give a detail presentation on their project.
Standing weekly meeting related to our projects should go here
- Etherpad for Q2 Goal Proposals: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/AutoToolsQ2Goals
- Work week date selection finalized this week
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
Mobile (1st Monday)
Tested patches for
- bug 851288 Investigate using quitter.xpi for terminating fennec in autophone s1s2 tests
- bug 850799 [s1s2] Run tests with and without cache enabled
Behavior with a limited set of phone is somewhat smoother and my limited test results for Jan-Mar did not show the Jan 16 regression. We are going to perform a full test on the production phones and report to http://mrcote.info/phonedash_bc/
- [rwood] Continued development of long-running GaiaUI tests (bug 843083). For a detailed list please see the GaiaUI Stress Test etherpad.
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/851077,850938,848826,850606
- [edmorley] Patches:
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 851077.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 11.32
- [edmorley] Disabled intermittent tabview tests since Panorama is going away soon so it's not worth people devoting time to fixing them, as well as a few other chronic top oranges.
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 766546, bug 851744.
- [edmorley] Was on PTO Monday+Tuesday & have been working on urgently needed TBPL/harness parsing improvements first (given high OrangeFactor and large number of failures requiring manual starring) - but hope to have cycles free for Treeherder within a few days.
Performance (3rd Monday)
- switched from tp5n to tp5o
- tp5o is 49 of the most reliable and stable pages, we have removed teh other 51 pages from tp5n which were to noisy
- goal is to turn a job orange by the end of the quarter.
- [wlach] Made first (seemingly) useful capture using point grey equipment last week. Now challenge is refining results and working out kinks.
- [wlach] Various dashboard fixes/updates last week: https://github.com/mozilla/eideticker/commits/master
- [wlach] Drafting a blog post to discuss state of Eideticker as a tool for comparing us against other browsers -- what's been done so far, where the weak points are, where we need to go.
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [wlach] Forgot to mention this last week, but we're now doing CI in mozbase via travis-ci: https://travis-ci.org/mozilla/mozbase/builds
- [wlach] Various mozdevice fixes/improvements
- [wlach] / [jhammel] New releases of mozdevice, mozprofile, other stuff
- [edmorley] Patches:
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- New changes in production:
- A "Message of the day" field (click through to the individual tree).
- Reason field is now pre-filled on the per-tree pages.
- Several other fixes.
- [edmorley] Testing of treestatus schema changes/push to production (bug 847534).
- [edmorley] The treestatus repo has moved from a user GitHub account to the mozilla organisation account. Scripts/docs have been updated, the automation and releng GitHub teams have been given permissions (bug 823637).
Holidays and Trips
Find something you think is cool, interesting, funny, or exciting and put it here