Auto-tools/New Contributor/Quarter of Contribution/Perfherder
Perfherder enhancement QoC
Perfherder is a web-based tool we use to monitor Firefox (and Servo!) performance to make sure that new releases are faster (or at least not much slower) than older ones. It is also used by developers to visualize the results of performance tests before they land a patch.
What we are looking to achieve
In many ways this is up to the contributor and their interests, but some things that might be fun to work on:
Things we are looking for in an ideal contributor for this project:
- Ability to research unfamiliar terms
- A great desire to improve your software development skills
- Willingness to learn, suggest new things, and ask questions
- Someone who will communicate regularly and be willing to work in a team
- Learn about Perfherder and read the A-team bootcamp
- Set up (at least) a local instance of the treeherder/perfherder web UI. The contribution section of the Perfherder wiki page has links to resources on how to do this.
- Get in touch with us on IRC. Jump on #perfherder on irc.mozilla.org and look for wlach or jmaher (mostly online in EST timezone).
- Fix a simple bug. This will get you used to the development workflow and some of the basics of contributing to Perfherder. Join us on IRC (see above), let us know what you're interested in and we can assign you a bug to get started.