This is a weekly meetup to discuss all things regarding B2G automation and Quality. Please use wiki style.
- Meeting Name: QA Automation Roundtable
- Meeting Time: Thursday @ 9:30am - 10am PST
- Vidyo Room: QA Vidyo Room
- Video Link: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=nL4PESn1IaVh
- Dial in: 1-800-707-25331
- Meeting Notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/QA/Meetings
- Previous Meeting:https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/QA/Meetings/Automation/2014-10-16
Previous Action Items
CARRY OVER * [Peter, Bebe] continue to identify the smoke tests and label the moztrap tests with "automated" tag, and cross post links to where the tests are located. [Bebe] [Done]Merged: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/25222 FOLLOW UP: * [Geo] email dave/zac about a better way for jenkins to check for commit hashes from sources.xml [Done]: * [Tony] send out v188 to team, and [Bebe] to have someone try running a local testrun against it
[DONE] [Peter] gather all the current sets of smoketests (and those already marked automated), and send out another writeup on the status [DONE] [Peter] add the not fully updated tag to the non-automated tests in moztrap
- [DONE] [Geo] follow up on the in-qa-testsuite=? proposal at next sprint planning meeting (monday)
- DONE [Johan] send examples of backlog in mediawiki to Geo
- [Tony] look into access for SV into jenkins nodes
- [CARRY OVER] [Bebe] file a bug
- DONE [Johan] loop in SV when you have the bug bash info for europe
- 11/21 CC date of 2.1
- 2.1 CC criteria: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/FirefoxOS/Release_Milestones#CODE_COMPLETE_.28CC.29
- quick update on bug bash today?
- not many contributors. about >12 bugs filed. announcement was was a bit late, and not emailed out for contributors. was broadcasted in irc channels. updated the etherpad on status and contributors. 2 hours was not enough, couldnt find the bugs in time. one and done was down at the time. moztrap was too overwhelming for non QA folks -- was not relevant to post the testcases here. instead, create a task in one and done for testcases.
- [jlorenzo] Is it a good idea to use our unique Plivo account to make international phone calls?
- Some numbers:
- Outbound call from the US to the US: 1.20¢/min
- Outbound call from the France to France: 1.31¢/min
- Outbound call from the US to France: 4.62¢/min
- Phone calls made to write bug 1086269: around 15-20
- Taipei would like to use the account for MTBF
- Some numbers:
- [jlorenzo] What is the best way to add a new test: 2.1 and then master, or master and then 2.1?
- master and then uplift to 2.1
- [jlorenzo] How do we handle the review process for people tied to a functional team?
- Any person in the team is okay.
[Robert] Talked to Dave and Zac and they will start updating the Jenkins nodes to v188
- Dave tried this phone and didnt work: Bug 1088119 - Device b2g-09.1 cannot be found via ADB after flashing v188
This Week - Decisions & Action Items
[Tony] flash v188 on devices and enable adb [Robert] send tony a list of forced nodes that will be used in automation tomorrow (send 10-15 devices) [Peter] follow up offline (w/ geo/bebe) on discussion about pointing testcases to the google doc [Johan] Follow up the plivo account with walter chen and paul and get some number. Follow up with bsilverberg too about if a minute can be split or not.