- TODO-20130715-01: kdubost have a panorama of tools used by Web developers for testing. Write a post about it.
- TODO-20130716-01: kdubost To create my optimum Bugzilla Dashboard and propose it to bugzilla.
- TODO-20130729-01: kdubost To draft ideas around a tool for doing the Ébauche in Web Compatibility testing. Think about kind of YSlow report for Web Compat. Enter the URI, and get a simple report of potential issues. Could be useful for helping with bug reporting.
- TODO-20130729-02: kdubost To make a list of Web sites to contact and/or discover the contact information on Spanish-speaking Web sites already analyzed and send it to rep mailing-list. http://mzl.la/11HIz9g
- Is the reps list The right place?
- TODO-20130729-03: kdubost to update the intranet page about Web site contacts. Though I had sent an email for asking for issues with privacy.
- TODO-20130730-03: kdubost to check Bug 679025 - finance.google.com presents null error on initial load
- TODO-20130722-04: kdubost to contact alex komoroske on Tuesday 23 July for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=823598 Gmail [DONE 2013-07-31]
- TODO-20130729-04: lmandel to follow up to fix compatibility archive link on mailing list page [DONE 20130802]
- Filed bug 901184 about problems syncing compatibility list to corresponding Google Group
- Filed bug 901185 about the broken archive link
- TODO-20130729-05: kdubost to check the list of ua override in between https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Mobile/WipeOutUAOverides shows 117 open UA override bugs https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/build/ua-override-prefs.js shows 159 overrides on Master. DONE 20130730 # mail on compatibility list
- TODO-20130730-01: kdubost to create a pro blog for talking about Web Compatibility issues. [DONE 2013-08-01 http://www.otsukare.info/ ]
- TODO-20130730-02: kdubost to remove UA override in Gaia list for 878651, 843170, 843154 [DONE 2013-08-05 ]
New Action Items
- TODO-20130805-01: kdubost to prepare materials for August 14 on giving a Web compat update during the Monday project meeting (Aug 19) length: 3 minutes.
- TODO-20130805-02: hallvord to test in bulk if Web sites are still working with a device information into the UA string Firefox OS. (Bug 901039)
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
(add status for any site that has news)
- List of spanish Web sites to be analyzed and contacted http://mzl.la/11HIz9g we should try a call to the community.
- 899748 - jplayer video player has issues with both Firefox for Android and Firefox OS
- 900619 - lapatilla.com doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile
- 900617 - despegar.com.ve doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile
- 899541 - blackberry.com main site does not recognize Firefox OS
- 901569 - ajw.asahi.com main site doesn't recognize Firefox OS
Gecko Specific Issues
Other Issues (tools, general, …)
- Once a bug has been marked as fixed because we decided to remove the UA override from Gaia. Shall we remove the [uaoverride] flag? Does it matter? The rationale is that the bug might be reopened because not serving things correctly to Firefox OS and/or Firefox for Android, but doesn't have then a uaoverride.
- Instead of reopening the bug, let's file a new one
- Documentation changes coming for Firefox OS UA (Bug 901039)
- Scripts for taking automatic screenshots https://github.com/AaronMT/android-topsite-screenshots
- NEW and ASSI mean the same thing at Mozilla. When someone intends to analyze a bug, take it in advance so we know that we are working on it.
- Contact Chris Heillman for finding out the right place for contacting the community for Web sites and mary colvig
- Hallvord made an extension hacking with a greasemonkey scripts. The greasemonkey script go through the URL and look for some keywords and gather stats. It can generate automate tests. Easier to create automated testing. The goal would be to have a part which is automatic and another part which is manual. The results of these tests are just reported on where the computer is running. A next step would be to make a DB with a UI online. Arewecompatibletyet could be a good host for the data? http://builder.addons.mozilla.org/package/195950/latest/ (STILL experimental). I do not have yet a Firefox OS device so it is difficult to figure out if it's real or not sometimes.
- Explaining about reporting/validation tool for making a small report on the mobile state of the Web sites that a simple user could understand.
- The most helpful person for Mark Finkle for extensions on IRC.
- We created the IRC channel #webcompat on irc.mozilla.org