From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting: Mobile Web Compatibility Weekly
Chair: Lawrence Mandel
Scribe: Mike Taylor

Topic: previous meeting, next meeting

Next meeting: The next meeting will be on September 30, 2013

Topic: New UA override process (kdubost)

There is a new process to be defined for UA override maintenance. This is some materials to help us find out what to do.

lawrence: nothing specific to do on this point, we're just trying to figure this out right now.

Topic: Meeting with jQuery Mobile (miket)

Had a phone call with Alex (jQuery Mobile lead) and Dave (jQuery Core lead) about existing compat issues and collaboration going forward.

Topic: Work This Week

What will you be working on during the next week?

  • blassey:
  • hallvors: if (when) I get the VPN/SSH keys sorted, try to put AWCY 2 on people.mozilla. Review/fix tests. Bugs.
  • jsmith:
  • kdubost: monday (sick), tuesday (bug triage), wednesday-friday time-off
  • lmandel:
  • miketaylr: starting jQuery Mobile compat. inventory, Dojo Mobile compat testing, triage

Topic: Broken Voices of the Web

Topic: Web Compatibility Progress

This week bug for the new batch of modifications on ua-override-prefs.js is Bug


NEW (1 week)

Tracked Actions


(move the DONE action items below and add the string DONE and possibly link to the record)

  • TODO-20130715-01: kdubost have a panorama of tools used by Web developers for testing. Write a post about it.
  • TODO-20130729-01: kdubost To draft ideas around a tool for doing the Ébauche in Web Compatibility testing. Think about kind of YSlow report for Web Compat. Enter the URI, and get a simple report of potential issues. Could be useful for helping with bug reporting.
  • TODO-20130805-02: hallvord to test in bulk if Web sites are still working with a device information into the UA string Firefox OS. (Bug 901039)
  • TODO-20130806-01: kdubost to create a script to automatically compile stats from Tech Evangelism - Mobile. See email.
  • TODO-20130819-01 kdubost to create a first workflow for Web Badges for the community with Carla Cassili
  • TODO-20130819-03: lmandel to follow up with Gerv about posting UA device/model recommendations on MDN.
  • TODO-20130826-01: kdubost to create an intro guide to be ready to participate to Web Compatibility effort.
  • TODO-20130826-02: kdubost to create 101 on Web compatibility issues so Mozilla employes have handy materials to discuss with partners.
  • TODO-20130916-01: kdubost make a quick review of the documentation on MDN and see how it should be organized and/or modify to work with Chris about it.
  • TODO-20130916-02: kdubost to open a bug for having a message in the browser log when UA override is happening.