Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesday/Thursday - 2:00pm PT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Warp Core
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- Alex to figure out Tuesday meeting time
- 9AM, 10AM, 12PM, or keep the time
- Our final FF13 beta went to build yesterday (5/28) and will ship today or tomorrow (up for conversation)
- 10.8 code signing made it in!
- FN14b4 will be going to build today or tomorrow, released before the end of the week
- Final FF13 sign-offs will occur tomorrow @1PM
- Thursday's channel meeting will be in The Bridge due to a room conflict
- Our RC build will occur Thursday/Friday of this week
- Merge day is Monday (6/4), and release day for FF13 is Tuesday
- bug 757639 "expando" properties aren't accessible by chrome code in a module or component
- bug 752266 – Firefox startup crash in nsFileInputStream::Read
- bug 719117 Crash @ mozalloc_abort NS_DebugBreak_P nsIFrame::GetOffsetToCrossDoc
- VERIFIED FIXED
- bug 756289 Netflix video errors "you are viewing from more than one tab"
- Marcia, any information you can add to aid debugging?
- bug 757262 Youtube keeps playing audio after closing
- IU has an unconfirmed testcase which takes ~1hr to test, can it be reduced?
- Softvision tested but was unable to reproduce the issue on Win/Linux, still need to test Mac
Q. Can we ship 13.0b6 today to get extra data on fix for bug 719117 and potentially related issues?
- Current Testing Status
- Automation: All PASS
- Smoketests: All PASS
- Updates: releasetest tests are running now, should be done in an hour
- Focus Testing (YouTube Caching, Printing, Plugins, Topsites, Mac 10.8, Win 8) has been started, about a day of testing remains
- Fix Verifications: 37 functional, 9 security fixes remain, will take a day or two to get through
- QAWANTED: still investigating a couple issues (see above)
- A case for shipping today
- More beta feedback is a higher benefit than the risk of shipping a "broken beta"
- Shipping today gives us a little more time for fixes in RC
- QA can continue the testing and verifications on released Beta builds
- A case for shipping on Wednesday as scheduled
- If a regression is found we respin Beta 6 instead of disabling updates and spinning a Beta 7
- l10n milestones missing for FF13.0b6, used l10n FF13.0b5 milestones instead
- reminder: next week's migration a day early (monday 4th, not release-day tuesday 5th)
- expecting "go to build" for FF13.0 and FF10.0.5ESR, Thursday 31may??
- bug 744596 tracking bug for build and release of Firefox 13.0
- bug 744597 tracking bug for build and release of Firefox 10.0.5 ESR
- bug 759445 Please disable tablet updates prior to FN14b4 release
- actively working this; not clear how easy/hard to enable and then later disable, see bug for details.
- Strategy for getting feedback about bug 757262 – Youtube keeps playing audio after closing & bug 756250 – Netflix keeps playing after closing
- If you're experiencing either of these problems, please comment in the bug. Please indicate whether the audio continues or restarts from the beginning; whether today's nightlies are any better than last week; and whether you are willing to run a debug configuration to help diagnose the problem.
- Let's update and review current health/status of daily beta builds
- discussion of PDF.js uplift to Aurora