Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 10 Metrics (Thu)
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Actions
- 13 Triage
- 20.0b5 (really our fourth 'real' beta) go to build coming later today (EOD PST for builds to kick off EST morning)
- Nothing new for add-ons.
- Flash 11.6 is slightly better than 11.5 in crashes (same in hangs), first 11.7 betas are very crashy (somewhat expected due to larger code changes)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=837370 (js::types::TypeCompartment::addPendingRecompile) continues to be the top concern, backout only reduced volume. Now has a diagnostic patch.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=836951 (nsSecureBrowserUIImpl::MapInternalToExternalState) also still is a concern on Aurora and Nightly, waiting for review on bug 840388.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=744836 (... nsThread::Dispatch | nsTimerImpl::PostTimerEvent) is rising into the top 10.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787158 (nsHttpConnection::OnSocketWritable, SPDY) is still the top concern (new in 20), possibly triggered by private browsing changes, now has at least speculative fixes, one of them in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=829120
- 19.0.2 doesn't show "the Radeon crasher" in topcrash ranges, and rates trend in a positive direction now.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=556434 (TList<CMixer>::RemoveAt, Vista) spiked because of the Douglas Adams Google Doodle
- Top concern remains D3D11-6.2/Win7 - bug 819028, bug 812683.
- Dual Intel/NVidia bug 806786 and Crossrider bug 836263 also remain in the top 10.
- Bug 752828 (database is locked), bug 812881 (libsomxcore.so) and bug 823236 (ShmemYCbCrImage::IsValid) continue to be top issues on release, latter has a fix for next beta.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=846465 (libstagefright.so, HTC devices, JB) is the #1 issue for Beta now.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=782223 (libGLESv2_tegra.so, Nexus 7, JB) is the #2 issue on Beta.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=847021 (Can't upgrade read-only database) is the #1 issue on Aurora.
- Stub Installer / Funnelcake
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=850192 need info from dev to see if it blocks
- 848663 – Can’t update from FF19.0 to FF19.0.1 (Win8, custom browser)
- Just to make sure it's on your radar
- 812695 – [D2D] Text Rendering Issues due to Windows 7 Platform Update KB2670838 (MSIE 10 Prerequisite)
- Please verify today if possible so we know not to worry about it for FF20
- 805406 - crash in gfxContext::PushClipsToDT with d2d11.dll 6.2
- Juan, can you see if you can get an NVidia GTX 550 Ti card in the lab to test?
- 837815 – Reading list button opens Top Sites, not Reading List
- please verify so we can get uplift nom and land in Beta before gtb later today
- PSA - we do weekly post-mortems at 4pm ET Tuesday for all releases done over the past week. Today's agenda https://intranet.mozilla.org/Build:Release_Post_Mortem:2013-03-12. You're all welcome to join
At this point in the cycle we are kicking off planning of Firefox 21 launch communications this week with Asa
We are ok with the additional CTP blocks. We will be in a workweek next week. Should be able to provide data by end of the week.