Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Meeting archive: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Category:Channel_Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Special Topics
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Performance (Thu)
- 6 QA
- 7 RelEng
- 8 User Advocacy
- 9 Roundtable
Aurora/Beta Feature Review (Thursday prior to GA Release)
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks after GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
- desktop beta9 (final beta) gtb today
- mobile beta10 (final beta) gtb Monday
- RCs build next week
- Looking good. Nothing explosive.
- New crash signature in last few days (not necessarily e10s) bug 1055456
- Crash rates improving somewhat after OMTC fixes, will need the weekend to see if that's enough.
- Crash rate continues to improve but is still worse than what we want.
- KaiRo's assumption is that with the following signatures gone, we would win slightly over 8% and still probably be on the upper bound to the 1.2 rate he'd like to see:
- bug 1012924 (Experiments shutdown), ~4% - not shipping to release
- bug 1053999 (JS_TransplantObject, startup), ~3% - landed on central, uplift needed
- bug 1008107 (JS::Heap::set, startup), ~1.3% - no patch yet
- (lmandel) Not really any progress to speak of. We can push on this but a fix will need to come in RC as I do not think that we're going to get one together today for beta9.
- No concerns, crash rates improve somewhat, interestingly.
- Nothing new, beta rates are actually a bit better than expected.
- landed bug 1053517 (no perf concerns here)
- landed bug 1053517 (will watch numbers and consider turning off if talos shows a large range of regressions - the try run looked that way)
- bug 1036186 - Reset Migration wizard no longer skips the first step to choose a browser
- bug 1056032 - Make sure COM is initialized when trying to decode an mp3 using decodeAudioData
- heads up - bug 993584 - initial landing for CloudSync
- Rail has already seen this, just to call it out - bug 1056089 - Remove sw during beta-release migration for Firefox 32, keep dsb
- cachev2 still causing problems in beta, chance that it will get disabled today (waiting on try run and need to speak with jduell)
- ADI / blocklist ping collection changes are underway, bug 1006615 (switch to new BAMO servers) landed for tomorrow's nightlies, KaiRo will watch data incoming from there
- (catlee) - was there a summary of hotfix addon results?
- reminder: next merge is TUESDAY, SEP 2