Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Zoom Meeting ID: 266 532 573
- +17207072699,,266532573# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Off-train releases
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 7 Roundtable
- 8 Special Topics
- RyanVM, lizzard, Aryx, dveditz, mhentges, Thomas, Julien, Ritu, William,
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- Desktop & DevEdition 69.0b15 live @ 100%
- Fennec 68.1b7 live @ 100%
- RC week is next week
- For 70:
- Feature complete milestone is 8/23
- Soft code freeze 8/26, email reminder to go out today
- exception requests listed below in special topics
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- Crash Reporter may be partially broken on Fennec, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1574804
- The macOS seed pushed out yesterday seems to have addressed the startup crash issues we were seeing: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1570451
firefox nightly summary score: 7.01, Thursday 7.10
- jed is investigating https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1574571, which showed up starting in 8-15 builds
- #6 overall crash stopped in the 8-17 build https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1573731 but reappeared now
- right people needinfoed
- #7 overall https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1575163 is Fission related
- overholt poked it
- Small volume DOM | Workers regression https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1575204
- bz is needinfoed
firefox beta summary score: 3.92, Thursday 3.77
- list of top browser crashes dominated by issues on shutdown - 2 fixes going into beta 15:
firefox release summary score: 2.12, Thursday 2.17
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513855 is still visible. We are trying to uplift a fix to beta to see if it improves things
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec nightly summary score: 83.19, Thursday 83.64
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1461724 continues to be one of the top crashes. Awaiting news from the outreach.
fennec beta summary score: 56.41, Thursday 56.60
- Nothing specific to highlight this week for Fennec beta
fennec release summary score: 19.55, Thursday 19.67
- Filed #16 overall crash in 68.0.2, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1574972 (has a patch within the past few hours :)
- Other than that, nothing new to call out for Fennec 68.0.2
Aurora / Dev Edition
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- Potentially moving missioncontrol to update on an hourly basis: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1575239
Exceptions in 70 so far. All approved.
- Telemetry for about:logins to land late in 70 nightly or early beta 70. Ddurst https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?bug_id=1558235%2C1550631&list_id=14839219
- Normandy addon rollout . New feature in 70. Rehan https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1436111
- Inactive CSS (slipped from 69) Pbro. Test plan in place.
- Relationship CFR (slipped from 69) k88hudson. Asked her to file PI request.
- Picture in picture (slipped from 69). Adam Stevenson. Test plan already written for beta testing in 70. Will ship default off in 70.
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Fx68 post-mortem: https://pad.mozilla.org/p/68-0-Post-Mortem