Purpose and Structure
The Mozilla Foundation engagement team works with institutional partners and individuals to advance our respective goals. We work with those who want to contribute their time or money to supporting our efforts to protect the open web.
Our work is divided based on the types of relationships we build:
- Fundraising and Partnerships (aka 1 to 1 relationships): We administer the pipeline ("close" people and money), and we build a development strategy and cultivate long-term opportunities.
- External Communications and Campaigns (aka 1 to many relationships): We execute marketing, community engagement, and fundraising campaigns; we help determine the overall narrative arc for the Mozilla Foundation; and we ensure we’re telling one, solid, cohesive story.
We also produce campaign assets through our in-house production studio, Studio Mofo.
Current Campaigns and Projects
- 2014 End of Year Fundraising: getting to $2M (view the Workbench)
- Mozilla Gear launch: opening a brand new site for people to purchase Mozilla Gear (view the project management spreadsheet)
- Salesforce for grants and partnerships: We've completed a custom Salesforce installation and have begun the process of training staff to use it. Much more to come to make it a meaningful part of our workflow.
- Mobile Opportunity Engagement: providing marketing, comms, and production support for our Mobile Opportunity initiative
- 2015 Webmaker Marketing Plan - https://foundation.etherpad.mozilla.org/webmakermarketing2015
- Open Web Fellows comms: supporting our newest fellowship (view the Hype Plan)
- 2015 Grants Pipeline [shiny reports are on their way via Salesforce]
- Studio Mofo Projects
- 2015 MozFest Comms https://mofoportland.etherpad.mozilla.org/MozFest2015comms
- Engagement Tidy Up [low priority engagement bugs - perhaps the subject of a remote work week in January?]
- Team Purpose/Goals
- Encyclopedia Best Practica where we share all of our best tips and tools for building partnerships, communicating, campaigning, and fundraising
- Engagement Channels how to access our many channels
- How Development Works at Mozilla
- Our Engagement Calendar hosted on StudioMofo.org
- Team meeting notes Thursdays at 8:30a PT / 11:30am ET, Mofo Engagement Vidyo room
- September 2014 Work Week what we shipped