Weekly Gaia Development Meeting https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-meeting-notes
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Anthony
- Minutes copied to the wiki each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Announcements & Notices
- We're all coming back from an awesome workweek in Oslo, lots of amazing work.
- We branched 1.2, have we?
- Triage: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage
- Landing Rules: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/B2G_Landing
- Deadlines: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/B2G_Deadlines
- Taipei Team: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Team/Taipei
reporter: tony chung
- Individual team member status here - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-qa-standup
- Note - Discontinuing daily smoketests on Leo, only doing one off & qawanted testing as needed
- Last smoketest run had all smoketests passing
- will continue to run them through gaia UI automation on Leo and Buri until delivery
- 1.1 HD
- This has been added back on the radar. need to focus on how to allocate 1.2 resources again for testing.
- still 29 outsanding hd+ bugs - http://goo.gl/yxDKOR
- Note - Only one off & qawanted testing is supported on this branch currently
- Overload of HD blocking nominations - need to evangelize to partner to ensure proper use of blocking nominations
- Smoketests - 41/46 passing, blockers below
- Notable Problematic Areas Outside of Smoketests
- Can't do 1.2 OTA Update Testing due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=907444
- Currently in the middle of a full testrun. wasnt able to complete it last week, will finish this week
- full testrun on 1.2 (burirun1), as of today:
- 1856 passed, 149 failed, 0 blocked, 27 invalid / 4162 cases total. Coverage is at 51%
- full testrun on 1.2 (burirun1), as of today:
The Run: http://mzl.la/14IokXm The Results: http://mzl.la/1ezIkT1 The Breakdown: http://bit.ly/1dY9qEO The Bugs (whiteboard "burirun1"): http://mzl.la/16a4lAf (all: 59) http://mzl.la/17F0dfx (new and reopened: 44) http://mzl.la/1bnKRjv (resolved fixed, since testrun began: 8 )
- Lots of discussion around establishing graphics stability - see https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-gfx-stability for notes from meeting
- Discussion around improving acceptance criteria - see https://etherpad.mozilla.org/product-qa-acceptance-criteria-brainstorm from notes from meeting
- Gaia UI Automation
- Currently blocked due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=915697
Partner Welcome Pack finished Partner product training - work in progress First incidents report just received from Telefonica for Venezuela - analyzing it and will bring updates next week
Talking this week (9/17): lightsofapollo - periodic sync of email and notifications are in master - STARTTLS upgrading landed - integration test work - githubbot work started Notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-productivity The Team:
asuth, evanxd, ianliu, gaye, lightsofapollo, doliver, jrburke, gghosh, mcav, jhford, cserran, pdol, tony (qa), william hsu (qa), robmac
Backlog in Pivotal Tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867311
Media front end
- Talking this week (9/17): djf - Planning our next sprint on Thursday - Pivotal: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/886840 - Team: djf, dhylands, dmarcos, johu, dkuo, jporter, mikeh, sikeda, cserran (epm), robmac (ux), patryk, marcia (qa), hlu (qa), skasetti (product) - Bugzilla Whiteboard Tag for tagging media related bugs for triage: [fxos:media]
Updated: Sep 17, 2013 Talking this week: bkelly
TEAM: bkelly, geo, hub, huseby, jhylands, jld, kgrandon, mlee, wlach, Bruce Weng, Walter Chen
Investigating 1.2 app launch time regressions:
Meta bug here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=915068
First suspected general regression shown in datazilla
Spent Oslo week investigating this
Conclusion is that it is a testing artifact due to interaction between test delays and our pre-allocated process launch heuristic.
Short term solution is to increase datazilla test delays between app launches.
Long term solution is probably the Nuwa template process work.
Unless partners are using similar automated delays, this is probably not effecting their results
Automation team helped run eideticker tests to try to reproduce regressions seen by partners
Many thanks to wlach for working over the weekend on this!
Eideticker measures launch time to "first stable frame" using high speed camera
Initial results do not show any consistent regression, although the results are a bit noisy.
Continuing to investigate.
Need to compare our test methodology with what the partners are doing
Need to compare revisions between tests since our eideticker test run may have graphics fixes from Oslo that the partners had not received yet.
Making good progress on power measurement automation with the battery harness implementation.
Meta bug here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917375
Native stack unwinding in SPS profiler landed last week.
Add MOZ_PROFILING=1 to .userconfig when building b2g
Triage: Component teams please tag performance bugs with perf keyword
Talking this week: Ben The team: blassey, bfrancis, dharvey, clord, cserran, naoki, hubert lu, krudnitski, francis, ian
Event target fluffing has landed! https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=900638 Thanks to Dale.
Tiled layers back end is trying to land https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=894333
Share URL should now work with email https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=796565 - thanks email team!
Still a bug with Bluetooth web activities https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=895480
User selection of default search engine is going to be disabled by default https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=914593 and search suggestions is not going to be implemented for 1.2 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=833149
As usual you can see our backlog in Pivotal Tracker https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867301
Talking this week: Anthony
Nothing new since the Friday demo so…
System front end
Talking this week: gregor
Bug tracking: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/877441
The team: cserran, gwagner, ladamski, reuben m, kyle m, michael h, aus, francis, jason, atsai, pdol
Closed most user stories (2 open ones, 1 has failing test), Looking at possible regressions. (related to support and preloaded contacts runtime customization)
Planning for 1.3 (Download Manager, persona signin, offline error handling, more powerfule notifications)
Whiteboard tag - [systemsfe] - use this to get on the System FE team's radar
Talking this week: Mike Pennisi (firstname.lastname@example.org :jugglinmike)
Welcome Yannick Assogba (email@example.com // irc:yannick_a) and Brendan McLoughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org // irc:bmac) to Gaia
Landed Timer and Stopwatch
A few changes left to be ironed out
No duration since timer expired feature, need UX input
World clock in 1.3?
Investigating a performance regression in clock related to LazyLoad-ing
Investigating a leo+ Alarm bug #908525
Considering moving some code from clock/ to shared/
IndexedDB upgrade/downgrade abstraction
Useful elsewhere in Gaia?
Working with David Flanagan to figure out our goals for 1.3
Still need devices for testing
We have 2 non-developer build Alcatel One Touch Fire's, and 6 unagis
We need 7 phones for 1.3 development
Travis Build Results (and why we still need travis for fabrice)
http://ricaud.me/mozilla/dashboard/ If you want to see how many unit and integration tests are passing/failing
running tests on 1.2
I've heard there will be mozilla-aurora builds for B2G, should we be running these in automation (UI/Performance)? What Gaia branch would these run against? We're currently running mozilla-centra/master and mozilla-b2g18/v1-train, would either of these need updating? We're limited on devices so we can't easily add more tests at this stage.
Feedback from Tony Chung was that b2g18/v1-train should go away soon. As we ramp up m-a/1.2 we can migrate the test resources over to there.
Buris are very finicky and (for many engs) difficult to develop on. Are there better devices (like the nexus 4 perhaps) that we could test patches on?
If you use ./flash.sh, you'll break it.
We need a Windows only tool. That is painful for developers.
We need ./flash.sh to not override Gonk
OTA update for ZTE Open enables Fastboot - how do contributors take advantage of this to flash their own build?
hamachi nightly builds not useful - need to disable gonk flashing in ./flash.sh?
Useful or Old Links
- Weekly B2G project-wide summary now updated at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status
- Gaia bug triage is now daily: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-triage-plan The meeting takes place in the B2G Vidyo room https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=2FCZj4WaeeMQ. Notes and bug searches are at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-triage.
- Daily smoketest results for this week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqDJxnTd7VDLdDRKOE1uanE3M3FtMDBOVjRIV253S1E#gid=11
- Join the Mozilla community directory! Not much B2G representation there yet: https://mozillians.org/en-US/search?q=b2g
- Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
- For market / competitive questions reach out to Irina (email@example.com) or Grace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All bug queries for the project are now consolidated at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage. Add other queries that would be useful to share.
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Hacking has been updated, please help improve it to help new contributors
- Unit tests and code review: Unit tests are required for landings. Code reviewers, you should deny r+ for patches without tests!
- Documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Gaia_Unit_Tests (with included script to easily launch tests with FF nightly on Mac and Linux)
- PM: Is it possible to get all of the accumulated user stories for all past versions (1.0, 1.0.1., 1.1, etc) in one place? In checking over the testruns I'm finding I don't have access to all of the requirements.
- Burndown: http://people.mozilla.org/~lmandel/basecamp/
- Long-poles: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
- Blocker owners/fixes: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/blockers.html
- 7/22: James
- 7/29: Ben
- 8/6: Julien
- 8/13: Anthony
- 8/20: Dietrich
- 8/27: James
- 9/3: Ben
- 9/9: (OSLO)
- 9/16 Anthony