- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2013-08-05
Topics for This Week
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge.
- Roberta, a new Bugzilla user, landed her first patch this morning on bug 891187, removing some unused ABOUT_HOME_URL constants!
- nickecarlo fixed bug 884336 - Remove trailing '/' from URLs in titlebar and bug 856803 - Change About:feedback title to Open Sans Light
- Michal Kajda fixed bug 889094 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.BrowserToolbar.updateFocusOrder(BrowserToolbar.java)
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Last week:
- bug 803207 - Fix widget scale on fennec so that it works like on other platforms
- bug 866265 - Finished up the transformation equations cleanup and testing in APZC
- bug 866232 (in progress) - Adding some code to manage the tree of APZC instances and mux/demux messages to and from them
- spent some time diving around in input event code to try to understand it and/or fix event flow on hidpi B2G devices (put on hold)
- Next week:
- finish up bug 866232
- dig into bug 877602 (deadzone caused by dynamic toolbar) which I dropped the ball on
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Submitting patches with review feedback for Push API bug 834033, including:
- bug 889185 - Send OrderedBroadcast.js token to Java and distinguish between null and default permissions
- bug 882495 - r+ last night (PermissionPromptHandler does not return the correct window on Android)
- Working on a little demo webpage for the contacts API: http://imgur.com/VxRiZRj
- Updated contacts API wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/ContactsAPI
- bug 880107 - Started playing with GeckWebView and having multiple GeckoViews running simultaneously
- bug 889673 - Adapt Contacts Unit Tests for Android, waiting on review
- bug 857730 - Implement contacts API, waiting on review
- bug 832960 - Android manifest files requried before contacts API can be used
- Waiting on feedback to figure out photo JS blob to Java translation
- Past week
- bug 803616 - Eideticker profile symbolication is incorrect
- Last week:
- bug 891158 getUserMedia - Switching between landscape orientations on a rendered camera video stream in FxAndroid does not switch to the other landscape orientation
- bug 880437 java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.webrtc.videoengine.VideoCaptureAndroid.DeleteVideoCaptureAndroid(VideoCaptureAndroid.java)
- bug 880879 Update WebRTC.org code from stable branch 3.30
- Next week:
- bug 885783 Followup to bug 882136 - Camera share icon gets stuck in the notification bar; media lock held on tab close
- I just started this week. I'm very exicted to work together with all of you!
- So far I've been ramping up by doing some refactoring related to the representation of points in different coordinate systems
- bug 890938 - Convert AsyncPanZoomController::ZoomToRect to take a CSSRect instead of a gfxRect
- bug 891468 - Convert nsEventStateManager::GetChildProcessOffset to return a LayoutDeviceIntPoint instead of an nsIntPoint
- bug 891544 - Remove unneeded FromUnknownPoint and FromUnknownRect calls
- In the coming days, I will finish up with those bugs and work on whatever else Kats throws at me :)
- Updated Fennec Eclipse scripts/readme (https://github.com/thebnich/eclipse-fennec)
- Reading about WebViews and beginning some refactoring patches for GeckoView
- Merged m-c to fig
- bug 880513 - Sides of awesomescreen suggestion prompt is blue.
- bug 891098 - Make LoadThumbnailsTask a static.
- bug 891105 - Loading thumbnails through an AsyncTaskLoader.
- bug 891636 - NPE in BookmarksListView click event.
- bug 890671 - Timing issue of addon menu icon load.
- bug 884340 - Allow addons to add menu items to tools.
- Bug 891048 - [FIG] Build crashes on Tablets
- In progress
- Bug 891183: [FIG] Change Title strip to Tabs strip for tablets
- Bug 734877 - Add support for 'PageActions' so add-ons can add indicators to the URLBar
- New about:home prioritization
- Spoke at FISL:
- Blog post: http://lucasr.org/?p=3825
- Videos of both talks (in Portuguese) are available:
- bug 882715 - Implement history page in new about:home
- bug 882716 - Implement "Last Tabs" page for new about:home
- bug 891092 - fontFamily should be defined in TwoLinePageRow's text appearance
- bug 887244 - Style list view dividers in new about:home as per design
- bug 891485 - Use SimpleCursorAdapter from Android's support library
- bug 887268 - Open items from "tabs from last time" on a new tabs
- bug 891883 - Pop back stack when removing a HomePager's subpage
- bug 885353 - Don't focus entry and show keyboard on new tab
- (In progress) bug 881774 - Restore domain autocomplete on editing mode
- PTO on Monday and Tuesday
- More about:home hacking
- bug 887325 - Add missing system pages to testSystemPages
- bug 870169 - Extract reuseable parts of ANRReporter
- bug 891644 - Part 2: Adapt ANRReporter to use TelemetryRecorder
- bug 871866 - Remote debugger
- Landed bug 872806 - Distribution support for add-ons
- Looking to uplift to 24
- Currently working on bug 880060 - [fig] Fix robocop tests for new about:home
- Green try results are blocked on bug 891579 - [fig] android.database.StaleDataException: Access closed cursor at android.database.AbstractWindowedCursor.checkPosition(AbstractWindowedCursor.java:217)
- Added some improvements to our Get Involved page
- Reviews, etc.
- Mentored bug 891187
- Talking about Sync. A lot.
- Started bringing mcomella up to speed on FHR.
- Reviews, bug comments, et al. The usual.
- Preparing to flash my new IdeaPhone. Hooray x86!
- bug 878931 Landed and was uplifted to aurora.
- Still working on CaretPosition assertions.
- bug 890309: Crash in Element::FontSizeInflation() when using FBTrace. I have a fix ready, but I'm just verifying that it's The Right Thing.
- bug 878935: Blur when performing reflow-on-zoom.
- bug 889541 clobber java resources and objs if any of the resources change
- working on
- bug 880259 Firefox should use GeckoView, figuring out test failures
- bug 871863 Guest mode
- bug 888482 init gecko sooner
- bug 886496 - When doing lazy tab restoration, set the browsers in question to display:none until restored [landing]
- bug 889564 - ANR: LightweightTheme.handleMessage can block the Gecko thread [landing]
- bug 888335 - Remove support for iGoogle/Reader from feed subscriptions
- bug 888327 - Add support for adding feed subscriptions to cloud.feedly.com
- bug 891879 - Amazon search provider should be at www instead of m.amazon.com
- Pull together plan for GeckoView [missed from last week]
- UI Hackathon week of July 22
- Planning some user testing for the following week
- Tablet designs in progress http://cl.ly/image/3S3H1J1S3x0D
- Move Add-ons / Search management UI into Settings bug 891115
- Preliminary flows for PiCL (sync) sign in
- Mockup: http://cl.ly/image/1r1l3s3K3d3I
- Prototype being user tested next week
- Still need to address error states, as well as an overall migration UX
- WebRT - providing some UX guidance for a prototype demoing install/uninstall of synthetic APKs
- Thinking about interesting things we could do with 'save for later' partners
- In London next week for 1/2 FxOS Browser meetup, 1/2 hack on Android stuff with London peeps
- Confirming we are good to go from a security standpoint for Dynamic URL Bar related bug 888690 - browser.chrome.dynamictoolbar is now default true
- Security champion?
Q3 goals have been defined (as below) and work is under way to get hosted and packaged apps installed on fennec.
Had short discussion with ibarlow regarding UX and will be meeting next week in London to discuss further.
- install and launch hosted app
- install and launch packaged app
- command-line tool for generating APK based on manifest URL or app package (ZIP file)
- web service to take URL and output APK
- web service to take package and output APK
- fake Marketplace that installs APK
- post-uninstall cleanup of residual data
- conversion of incoming intents to web activities
- offloading Fennec permissions to external permission helper APK
- install-time confirmation of permissions
Future (a.k.a. Non-goal)
- support for third-party marketplaces
- Login/key distribution protocol: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/AttachedServices/KeyServerProtocol
- Implemented by the PICL keyserver
- Authenticates user with email and password
- Derives encryption keys from the user's password ("key stretching") with help from the keyserver
- Enables client to produce a BrowserID assertion to authenticate with the storage servers
- Still some review to do
- Danny and Zach are close to having a dev PICL keyserver ready
- Ready to start talking about implementing a client in Fennec
- We need to measure key-stretching performance on a variety of devices: we're looking for help writing some android code for this, either a small standalone app or maybe a patched version of FF
- We'll file bugs for both these
- Implementing Ian's PICL login mocks in HTML/CSS/JS for user testing that's happening next week
- bug 887902 - GC dead sections on android targets
- Reduced APK size by ~1MB
- Reduced Tp4 RSS by ~2.3%
- Working on making event tracing play nicely with eideticker
- bug 888268 - WIFI Network Latency rounded up to next 100ms by 802.11 PSP
- Close to landing
- Should improve networking speeds on wifi
- bug 828571 Get unittests running on Android x86 [Emulator]
Project management focus this week is prepping for a program review for Shumway, Initiating/Converging on Sec and Privacy Reviews (FHR, WebRTC, Dynamic URL Bar, NFC Bump, Geolocation). Also helping out A-team with a project plan and subsequent tracking WebRTC test automation.
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Health Report
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Turkish
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Hungarian
- [ON TRACK] Awesomebar and Awesomescreen improvements
- [ON TRACK] Reader improvements
- [ON TRACK] L10N foundation improvements
- [ON TRACK] UI for changing search engine default in add-on manager
- [ON TRACK] RSS/Atom feed handling
- [ON TRACK] API: Payments <== not exposed to users
- [AT RISK] Dynamic URL bar <==almost on track, giving it *one* more week. We should be good to go from a security/privacy standpoint but it looks like this is readily reproducible and need some attention: 877602 bug 877602 - Deadzone/can't tap link after address bar is scrolled out of view
- [ON TRACK] Reader improvements
- [ON TRACK] NFC bump for tab sharing <== Next up for Sec review
- [ON TRACK] Gecko Webview phase 1
- [ON TRACK] Geolocation services inc opt-in menu item <== Also up for Sec review
- [ON TRACK] Packaged apps foundations, but not exposed until the WebApp Experience has landed
- [ON TRACK] API: Web Audio
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Icon rebrand
- [ON TRACK] Change default search engine for zh-CN <== This is making good progress
- [AT RISK] Set Top Box optimization
- [AT RISK] Directional game console navigation
- [AT RISK] Dynamic Snippets <== This is being moved to waiting room
- [AT RISK] API: Push notifications (won't be uplifted past beta?)
- [AT RISK] Add-on definition in distribution files
- [ON TRACK] Added locales: en-GB, sv-SE and ca-ES
- [PROPOSED] Firefox for readers
- [ON TRACK] SkiaGL improvement
- [ON TRACK] Mixed content
- [PLANNED] Privileged apps support
- [PLANNED] API: Contacts <=== Feeling like I can move this to "on track" soon, Shane?
- [AT RISK] About:home redesign
- [AT RISK] API: Web activities
- [ON TRACK] Added locales: Ukrainian (ua-UK), Irish (ga-IE), South African English (za-EN)
- [PROPOSED] Settings UI clean-up including search provider management
There is discussion in the news groups about reviews and generating a policy around quick turn arounds.
We're hiring. Think of your friends, classmates and former co-workers.
- JNIEnv::CallStaticVoidMethod | mozilla::AndroidBridge::SendThumbnail bug 890590 hitting this every other day on Nexus 4
- No localized content on several about: pages - bug 891118
- Fallout from split java/chrome strings - bug 792077
- Deadzone/can't tap link after address bar is scrolled out of view - bug 877602
- Cannot show the dynamic toolbar on some twitter pages - bug 886576
- FHR Article has been ready since beta 1 and will be tweaked for GA release of FF23
- Since dynamic URL bar looks to be in FF23, a dynamic URL bar article will be written for SUMO (or we'll modify the appropriate existing article)