Firefox Performance Results
There are a variety of places where performance results are available, some of these can be queried directly, and others are dashboards built on top of those sources.
What should I use?
- Does my patch affect performance?
- Did my push affect performance?
- How does Firefox compare against other browsers?
- Are we meeting our goals?
- What performance tests are we running?
- What platforms are we running performance tests against?
What do we have?
- Location: https://app.datadoghq.com/dashboard/lists/manual/18187
- Access: File a bug to request access by replacing [user] and [email] in this template.
- Audience: Engineers, Managers
- Documentation: https://mozilla-wpt-api-docs.readthedocs.io/
- Source code: https://github.com/mozilla/wpt-api
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/mozilla/wpt-api/issues
- Contact: Stephen Donner [stephend]
Firefox Performance Dashboard
- Location: https://arewefastyet.com/
- Access: Public
- Audience: Managers, Engineers
- Source code: https://github.com/mozilla-frontend-infra/firefox-performance-dashboard
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/mozilla-frontend-infra/firefox-performance-dashboard/issues
- Contact: Dave Hunt [davehunt]
Perfherder is an interactive dashboard intended to allow monitoring and analysis of automated performance tests run against Mozilla products. Perfherder is part of the Treeherder project.
- Location: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/perf.html
- Access: Public
- Audience: Sheriffs, Engineers
- Documentation: EngineeringProductivity/Projects/Perfherder
- Source code: https://github.com/mozilla/treeherder
- Issue tracker: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?product=Tree%20Management&component=Perfherder&resolution=---
- Contact: Sarah Clements [sclements]
- Location: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/perf.html#/alerts
- Location: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/perf.html#/comparechooser
- Location: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/perf.html#/graphs
STMO is shorthand for sql.telemetry.mozilla.org, an installation of the excellent Re:dash data analysis and dashboarding tool that has been customized and configured for use with a number of the Firefox organisation's data sets.
- Location: https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/
- Access: LDAP via SSO
- Audience: Sheriffs, Engineers, Managers
- Documentation: https://docs.telemetry.mozilla.org/tools/stmo.html
- Source code: https://github.com/mozilla/redash
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/mozilla/redash/issues
- Contact: #fx-metrics on Slack
Before performance tests are fully automated and integrated into our pipeline, we often run manual or semi-automated tests. These results are often presented in ways that don't fit into our existing reporting structures, such as spreadsheets or documents. The following list of links serves as a repository for these results:
Please make sure when you add results to the above locations that the name or internal labeling is clear as to what was tested, the methods used, when the results were gathered, and anything else that may be useful.