|Thunderbird 3.1 Beta 1||Thunderbird 3.0.2|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> _Tsk_
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Open: Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- gozer and Standard8 to 'schedule' run through
- Checklist: draft checklist for firedrill actions
- New: Go over Lehigh U feedback
- kathy.f/wayne/clarkbw: to meet re: ue feedback space management/migration assistant
- dan.s/bwinton: to meet re: ispdb
- http://byob.mozilla.com need to explore to have something for Tbird.
Friends of the Tree
- Nathan Tuggy for his good work in bugzilla.
- We've added a beta 2 and moved string freeze/code freeze to that.
- UX/Feature work being driven from Thunderbird:UX/Priorities/3.1; however, only some things on that page are blockers
- Bug lists: Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1:Status_Tracking
- bug triage almost caught up; first pass to be completed EOD today
Lanikai Alpha 1
- Shipped (W00t!)
Thunderbird 3.1 Beta 1
String/code freeze date: 2010-02-23 (Tuesday)
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: 2010-03-01 (Monday)
- Build/relbranch date: 2010-03-02 (Tuesday)
- Ship date: 2010-03-09 (Tuesday)
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- See Schedule above - Starting builds today.
- Generally smaller amount of fixes than 3.0.1, but still improving user experience for upgrades and stability.
- Blockers (needed and .2): 21 (-7)
- Of which blocking 3.0.2: 1 (-6)
- Blocking Nominations: 11 (+1)
- Fixed 3.0.2: 54 (+14)
- No schedule yet (waiting for gecko 1.9.1.next schedule)
- Expect stability fixes plus a few more feedback/upgrade-focussed fixes.
last week :
- Usual event and bug following
This week :
- Normal bugzilla cleaning/maintainance event.
- Testing for 3.0.2 - announced , litmus run ready.
- Testing for 188.8.131.52 with the Moco team
Next week :
- Testday for 3.1b1 - in progress
- Preparing the 3.1b1 see Full test before release. We need more man power, please consider joining.
3.0.1 top crashers:
|status||bug||summary||# crash /week|
|Null signature - no progress||1088 That's 0,011% of our users for the week|
|Unassigned - no progress||bug 536308||arena_dalloc | free | sqlite3_free | pcache1TruncateUnsafe||1047|
|Assigned - no progress||bug 536960||sqlite3DbMallocRaw||1035|
|Needs landing on Branch||bug 505016||nsXPCWrappedJS::QueryInterface(nsID const&, void**)||842|
- Press Updates: What's Better Than Gmail? Thunderbird 3.0, Making Thunderbird Financially Sustainable: How it Could Work
- coordinating press dinner in Q1
- More partner outreach for add-ons.
- Firefox First Run Promo testing is live and Firefox Start page slotted for March.
- ADUs: 5.5MM 2/15; 1.3MM on Tbird 3.0; trend is flat, brainstorming session right after community marketing to increase distribution/buzz
- Mozilla web sites
- Sunbird 1.0b1 l10n repacks work
- Ready for Thunderbird 3.0.2
- 3 / 8 new Mac Minis in production
- rest waiting for better automation
- SSL Security updates
- MoMo AUS Updated
- SuMoMo Search
(last two weeks)
- expand Profiles KB article (TODO - moving and backing up profiles) (bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/process_bug.cgi)
- write Gmail KB page; update account setup KB page with gmail examples (http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/Configure+an+Account, bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=543861)
- copy edits to MDC MailNews automated testing (https://developer.mozilla.org/en/MailNews/MailNews_Automated_Testing)
- copy edits to AsyncTestUtils extended framework https://developer.mozilla.org/en/MailNews/AsyncTestUtils_Extended_Framework
- update ISPdb FAQ with form placeholder info; update autoconfig page to point to new ISPdb page; tweaks to ISPdb page from BWinton's feedback (https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/ISP+Database)
- break upgrade FAQs out to individual pages; create index page for FAQs (https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/FAQ+Upgrading+Thunderbird+2+to+3)
- Profiles KB article (moving and backing up profiles)
- move info on pref naming conventions to MDC: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=86845#c74 (notify Roland when done)
- make FAQ for Ludo on information he sent in email ("Model the 2 -> 3 upgrade experience")
- review and cross-link MDC and Knowledge Base
- delete Thunderbird-source template? (replaced by tbsource)
- bugs from sid0 (see "from_IRC" file)
Review / Waiting
- blog https://developer.mozilla.org/en/MailNews/AsyncTestUtils_Extended_Framework et al (wait for Standard8's comments)
- follow up with replacement content for gmail help pages - so far no answer from Gmail folks
- port content from http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/ - ask Roland to redirect
- review / response to http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.extensions/browse_thread/thread/41113fd2bb4973f7
- when "New in TB 3.0" page is live on sumomo, make redirect from MDC https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird_3_for_users (instructions https://developer.mozilla.org/Project:en/External_Redirects)
- Search info from Andrew: http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/what_is_indexing?utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=new_topic
- when linting is fixed on MDC, color code sample in https://developer.mozilla.org/en/MailNews/AsyncTestUtils_Extended_Framework
- spoke with various folks about improving community in GS and SuMoMo and elsewhere, working on an iterative program to improve it and will report periodically, looking for your feedback on this, please email roland at mozillamessaging.com
- What I believe are the user pains based on GS and other feedback from real users: User talk:Rtanglao/User3.1UXPriorities
- SuMoMo - need to create project plan for SuMoMo 1.1 based on SuMo 1.5.x
- Gozer got SuMoMo Google search working, thanks!
- ran out of time for implementing comment viewing for anonymous visitors will ping Sumo-dev
- have heard from Spanish localizers who want to localize, so hopefully in the next few months will have Spanish as well as German and English (and probably Japanese who I hear are very enthusiastic)
- Most Urgent Articles needed ASAP - Auto config - How to change change IMAP to POP - failure modes more tricky than I thought, made progress - should be able to document all scenarios this week
- Analytics from last week - 99K (105K last week) visits, USA #2 (21K, previous 22K), Germany #1 (21K, previous 23K), Japan #3 (9K, 10K), FR, UK, IT, CA, NL, AU
- Looking for Contributors to write articles in English (and German!) and any other languages
- Get Satisfaction Accelerator to make flagging duplicates and asking for more information and splitting subtopics faster - Spec, - Looking for additional Jetpack developers (bwinton has volunteered thanks) to develop this further with Roland acting as tester and spec writer email me roland AT mozillamessaging.com if interested in collaborating. Feedback on spec also welcome! Please edit the spec wiki page!
- No GS Triage Meeting because of President's day
- Issues to be reviewed at the next GS Triage meeting scheduled for February 22, 2010 - Please tag topics "review" if you think they need to be reviewed because they cause customer pain
- GS Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 75/ day (531/7 slightly higher than previous), # of visitors 20,000 on graph seems to be right but numerical stats are wrong)
- total new topics:531 (slightly slower) total replies:1355 from employees and champions: 115 a wee bit lower than normal (NonMoMo:311 FROM Michael Pasek (thanks!), 26 from Chris Ramsden aka Xenos (thanks!), (thanks!), 36 from DavRo (thanks!),11 from from Kent (Thanks!), 3 from Wayne Mery (thanks!) MoMo: 71 from Roland,, 7 from David Bienvenu (thanks), 7 from Mark Banner (thanks), 3 from Ludo (thanks!) (Ruby Code)
- date:20100209 #new support topics:77 resolved: 28
- date:20100210 #new support topics:80 resolved: 14
- date:20100211 #new support topics:81 resolved: 17
- date:20100212 #new support topics:78 resolved: 25
- date:20100213 #new support topics:45 resolved: 14
- date:20100214 #new support topics:56 resolved: 10
- date:20100215 #new support topics:49 resolved: 10
- Sunbird 1.0b1 build issues probably taken care of, awaiting new build run.
- Blogged about next steps
- Next for this week: Planning for 1.0 and reviews.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Tsk, dmose, wsmwk, standard8, gozer, rebron, jenzed, roland, tuggyne, fallen, kairo