|Lanikai 3.1 Beta 2||Thunderbird 3.0.4|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
- email@example.com for coming out of the blue and finding so many duplicates.
- flag nomination restriction proposal currently up for discussion on tb-planning
- Bug lists: Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1:Status_Tracking
- Ludo will try to implement this week.
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Got bugs landed for 3.0.4 to enable tracking for Funnel cake builds.
- Survey on Download Thank You page has generate 400 responses. Good results
- Half of our users are new to Thunderbird.
- 80% of our users are likely to recommend Thunderbird with 40% strongly recommending us.
- Will publish results when we get to the 1000 results mark.
- Top Missing domains effort making progress
- But it turns out that there is a long tail in terms of missing domains.
Lanikai Beta 2
- Slippage underway, details shortly - waiting on migration assistant and new quick search. Work for the latter done initially as an extension - bug 545955
String/code freeze date: Tuesday 20th April <-- 3.1 string/feature freeze!
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: Thursday 29th April
- Switch to comm-1.9.2 branch: Friday 29th April
- Build/relbranch date: Friday 29th April
- Ship date: Wednesday 5th May. (may slip if we can't get compact headers and folder pane counts updated to work with 3.1 b2 in time)
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- Now in beta.
- On target to release 30th March.
- Will review flagged bugs this week, still a few things would be useful improvements to get in for users of 3.0.x branch, will depend on 3.1b2 work though.
Security And Stability releases - where to help
- [Bug Lists http://hg.mozilla.org/users/bugzilla_standard8.plus.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html?branch=3.0]
- Blocking Bugs: 3.0.5 needed
- Wanted Bugs
- Testing and verification of the fixed bugs
- Last week :
- Approved 3.0.4 for beta
- had our bugday - with little success ;-(
- This week:
- Thunderbird 3.0.4 built and in beta
- Mac Build
- Mozmill in production
- Mac VMs are now disabled
- port menu reference from http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/menu#editpreferences to http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/Menu+Reference
- big dumb job
- update to TB3
- working on platform selection switches
- add info to https://openhatch.org/+projects/Thunderbird (dev, QA, Spread Thunderbird, docs, support)
- autoconfig: pointers to other existing articles
- bug triage - closed a bunch of bugs in the 'Help Documentation" component
- fix https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/process_bug.cgi - more keyboard shortcuts (http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/Keyboard+shortcuts)
- edit text for upgrade day https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=553544
- MDC contribution on autoconfig / ISPDB from Ben Bucksch - thx! https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird/Autoconfiguration_in_Thunderbird
- Support Community Reboot - Community Video script reviewed by David Eaves and DavidA, next step is to arrange filming
- SuMoMo - upgraded trunk to SUMO 1.5.2 [bug 552708], will test this week, looking for volunteers to test 1.5.2: 95K visits -8%, US -8%, DE -11%, JP -2%, FR, UK, CA, IT, AU, etc.
- Get Satisfaction (see graphic in Support Appendix, as well as [tag pie chart] & 20% projects: Draft GS Tag Search Wizard Spec, Draft GS Autoclose inactive topics script ) - normal week - 475 new topics (473), Sadness down: 57% (59%)
- hot & active topics - thunderbird crashing, windows empty on linux after upgrade because of unnecessary CSS file, lightning, turning on HTML email, cannot save email to sent folder, cannot open docx attachments(getactive.rb)
- contributors - 15, rkent (volunteer) ; 19 Joey (v); 34, DavRo (v);10, Mark Banner;37, Roland Tanglao;32, wsmwk (v);39, Xenos (v); 65 Anders Vinther (v); 7, :Aureliano Buendía (gethappykludged.rb)
- new contributors - Joey, aka johannesalbert (thanks and belated welcome!) always looking for new contributors, roland AT mozillamessaging.com OR #gsfn irc.mozilla.org nick:rolandtanglao
- new / closed topics Monday-Sunday: Mon 67/8, Tue 70/12, Wed 70/1, Thu 63/17, Fri 57/17, Sat 46/23, Sun 41/4 (getNumCreatedNumResolved.rb)
- Biweekly GS Triage Meeting March 22, 2010 - topics reviewed; next Meeting Monday April 5, 2010 10a.m. Pacific x4401 - please tag GS topics 'review' for high user pain topics
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
bienvenu,dmose,davida,ludovic, gozer, roland,standard8,jenzed