|Thunderbird 3.2||Thunderbird 3.1.2||Thunderbird 3.0.7|
|To Be Announced||To Be Announced||To Be Announced|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
- FuzzyFox/William D
- Jonathan Kamens
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- 31% - 41% ISPDB success rate. Top 10 misses, secureserver.net, psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, rr.com, ovh.net, cox.net, att.net, virginmedia.com, ewetel.de, and go2.pl. Next 20 would add 4.6%.
- Next funnel cake 2 will be on Tb 3.1.2. Bug 582240
- Funnel Cake 1: 81% retention rate after 4 months.
- Mail account provisioning development has started, with a repo at http://hg.mozilla.org/users/bwinton_latte.ca/accountprovisioner/ Feedback/suggestions/pre-code-reviews welcome.
- Initial tb-planning thread, quick summary:
- 3.2 based off a comm-1.9.2 with mozilla-1.9.2 with limited back-ported features and fixes.
- Would allow some API changes (many for extensions benefit) and string changes.
- Next trunk release would be after FF 4 ships, possibly as little as one month, depending on what state our trunk is in, features landed etc.
Major updates to 3.1
- Expecting a small 3.1.2
- Then push prompted major updates to TB 3.1.2.
- Initial 3.0.? -> 3.1.2 push planned for ? August.
- Initial 188.8.131.52 -> 3.1.2 push planned for ? August.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Pushed back release of this weeks add-on (Contacts)
- Expected for release later in week (thursday)
- Will be doing screen casts for add-on experiments
- Nothing much to report for this week.
- when shall we start closing (or perhaps asking for retest) of so-called "2.0 only" and older bugs, eg older crashes?
- Planning on having QA seminars in September, to teach volunteers how to do things like regression window discovery.
- PR Update: Over 40 stories on Thunderbird and Firefox security update 1, 2, 3
- Worked with FuzzyFox to come up with a screen cast for Quick Filter. Turned out great.
- Thunderbird Quarterly Satisfaction Survey, launching this week, on Thunderbird start page.
- Evaluating Social Media Toolkit for Thunderbird
- Q3/Q4 marketing planning
- Nightly updates now from dedicated system
- Build capacity improvements
- YVR (minis) network link issues
- TryServer almost ready
- won't get unit tests until we link into libxul
- FLOSS Manual for Thunderbird: outline; Mac OS X installation chapter
- Mike (practicum student): working on article regarding switching from other mail software (Outlook, etc)
- ISP DB multiple configs per domain
- mozilla.org: moving content, redirects
- Sumo Over the Rainbow wish list for new wiki platform
- Reminder: I am away for a week starting tonight
- 3.1 Support Issues - nothing really major so far, seems to be better than 3.0.x - please add your support issues to the Discussion page of this wiki page still a work in progress
- SuMoMo localization dashboard is up on trunk, thanks to Andrei - hope to go live powered by web trends data next week
- thanks to fuzzyfox for upcoming screencast on Quick Filter - will clarify things for lots of people, love to get Thunderbird HowTo Screencasts from others!
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details -
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
dmose rafael standard8 bienvenu clarkbw ludo jenzed gozer roland bwinton