last meeting | index | next meeting »
|Thunderbird 3.2||Thunderbird 3.1.5||Thunderbird 3.0.9|
|To Be Announced||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, October 12, 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
- Breaking_Pitt for all the good work he did at testing the special post libxul landing build.
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel Cake 3 to be based on Tb 3.1.5 and launch a week after Tb 3.1.5.
- ISPDB Conversion: 37 - 46% success rate. Top missing domains: psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, cox.net, interia.pl, aon.at, netease.com, one.com, outlook.com, so-net.ne.jp, videotron.ca
- The add-on is ready to start testing against live servers.
- We expect them to be available "in the next couple of days".
- Add various fields to enable alternate forms of integration.
Pluggable Mail Stores:
- xpcshell tests all pass with Maildir store, still have a couple mozmill failures, build and play with it
- Next, need to write code to recreate .msf file from maildir store.
- Up next: GMail Conversation View
- Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
- Sync Add-on further out.
- On schedule to release an add-on a week for the next month or so
- 3.2 currently planned to be released from a comm-1.9.2 branch
- Waiting for account provisioning discussions to progress before making decision on if/when to cut it.
- Help on fixing up trunk welcome, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- Packaged tests for running on Trunk tinderboxen on deck
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Discussing proposed 3.0 EOL on tb-planning. Proposed for happening at time of next security release (end Nov/start Dec).
- 3.1.5 and 3.0.9 now being tested on beta channel. Possible 3.1.5/mac only respin due to a regression issue.
- Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0
Major updates to 3.1
- No changes since last week.
- Currently having a test week on nightlies, 54% coverage
- Working on 3.1.5 and 3.0.9 this week
- PR update: A few articles this week - Kim Komando mention, back up and recovery articles 1, 2, and mention on Army of Awesome program for support
- ADUS: 6.0MM Total ADUs, under 1MM on Tb 18.104.22.168
- Continuing discussion on "One Mozilla" web site updates.
- Wrap up and summarize participation survey results
- Tb 3.1.5 and Add-on PR work
- ISPDB move to MySQL : complete
Build / Release Update
- 3 Mac64 build slaves should be online by the end of the week.
- staging clobberer moved to MySQL to improve performance.
- progress on enabling packaged unit tests
- continue on reconfiguring our builds using the latest MoCo code (generateCCBranchObjects)
- Upgraded several Linux build VMs to 3GB RAM as libxul has increased the build memory requirements. One build I checked was over 1.5 hours faster as a result.
- Started work on Account Provisioning middleware.
- 494 new support topics down 8% (539 last week) - investigated last week and this week's decrease, not a GS or Canadian Thanksgiving issue, just less folks upgrading
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details -
- Trunk builds are mostly working again, mac64 will be our next hurdle.
- Crashes due to JS threading, working on fixing them
- Backporting fixes to 1.9.2 will be started soon
- Much progress on l10n nightlys, local repack builds were successful
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Mac PPC trunk nightly builds may be broken (see bug 600965
- Looking to follow Firefox down the 32/64 bit Mac nightly build route.
- May take a couple of weeks to get running.