|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 2||Thunderbird 3.1.8|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> Jhopkins
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Still number crunching Funnel Cake 4 numbers. Numbers looking consistent from the past.
- Next Funnel cake 5 off of 3.1.8.
- Will have a summary for all of the funnelcakes for next week's all-hands.
- ISPDB consistently above 40% success rate. Top missing domains: ocn.ad.jp, interia.pl, psmtp.com, aon.at, one.com, cox.net, telenet-ops.be, shaw.ca, bbox.fr, alice.de
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
Mike Conley introduction. Very interested in Mozilla's code review procedures.
- Contracts continue to be worked on.
- We're also working on making a version that's bundled with TB for wider testing.
Pluggable Mail Stores (bug 402392):
- Working on design for migration code - random thoughts here - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Pluggable_Store_Migration
- Quiet week, more bugfixes, but no more bug reports, so the count is slowly going down.
- If you are checking out Thunderbird Conversations from GitHub, read this blog announcement.
- If you want to help, check out the bug tracker.
- Fallen has been looking into Lightning notifications support in Thunderbird Conversations.
- Still looking to put together a release in the next couple of weeks
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Active branches.
- addon manager notifies user of incompatible addons
- 3.3a2 cut, expecting to release on Thursday.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha n -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> no real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- 3.1.8 code freeze today
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- Crash fixes for the most of it
Major updates to 3.1
- Testing 3.3a2 in progress
- Joshua Cranmer has patches that fix most of the news uri handling in TB. This makes it possible to use news:// or nntp:// urls. To make sure we aren't regressing he's built a try build and need people using Thunderbird as a news reader to test these kinds of urls.
- Testing of 3.1.8 will begin once we have builds.
- PR Update: A few articles on Thunderbird extensions conversation view and 1
- Minutes from Web Task force meeting
- Perfect UI consistency will take a long time to achieve. Will talk more at the all-hands.
- ADUs - back to high of 6.7MM total adus, 81% on Thunderbird 3.x
- All Hands
- Funnel cake summaries/preso
- 3.1.8 and 3.3a2
- More builders have been added and more to come
- Unittest on Fedora for try (ThunderbirdTest)
- New 2048 bits build signing keys:
- Fix the annoying random-orange test_nsIProcess.js bug : bug 620101
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 3.3a2 build 1
- ccache issues resolved
- kitsune development instance for sumomo @ http://ochoa.sj.mozillamessaging.com for now
- Quite a few changes need to be made, mostly in templates/logos/strings to switch from "Firefox"-centric to Thunderbird, but so far probably no Python changes. Not final!
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list
- Get Satisfaction (GS) conversations support added to the Conversations View TB add-on (nightly builds; requires Miramar, WARNING alpha, don't use unless you are technical!!!!!) (would be a lot better if GS added standards compliant threading) - thanks Protz!
- SuMoMo move to Kitsune KB tracker bug 623690 - Andrei has test instance on his VPS, will have public staging test server on bug 623691
- 555 new support topics (+17% from 474 last week; a little above normal levels)
- 3.1 Support Issues
- new Get Satisfaction (GS) contributors: rob_1864031 and claire_1703356 (Thanks! and Welcome!) - always looking for new GS and SuMoMo contributors, roland AT mozillamessaging.com OR #gsfn irc.mozilla.org nick:rolandtanglao
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- No call next week