|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 3||Thunderbird 3.1.8|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel Cake 5, on hold until Tb 3.1.8.
- Still holding steady with ISPDB at 40-50%, top missing domains remain the same set: ocn.ad.jp, psmtp.com, aon.at, interia.pl, one.com, cox.net, telenet-ops.be, outlook.com, one.com, example.com centrum.cz.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Contracts continue to be worked on.
- Standard8 is working on making a version that's bundled with TB for wider testing.
- Bryan and I are implementing a new UI with both free and paid account options.
- We will likely ship 3.3 with only limited integration with free accounts.
- "Integrating web search facilities into the Thunderbird UI"
- Once version of the add-on made up, currently experimenting with the UI
- Hopefully releasing first version this week.
- Now uses MailServices (clarkbw contribution). This means you need a recent 3.3 build. Only one file converted, still need to move the rest of the files to MailServices.
- l10n work, see mail on tb-planning
- Implemented a gallery view for emails with image attachments (mockup by Andy).
- More work on bug 628669, hoping to get it in for 3.3a3, because the situation is bad with thunderbird-stdlib.
Compose in a tab
- No progress this week
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Planned 3.3 Feature discussion on tb-planning
- Active branches.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha n -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> no real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Both 3.1.8 and Firefox 3.6.14 currently have crash issues, waiting for resolution before we get revised ETA for releases.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- Testing 3.3 after string freeze is work in progress, current results are around 25% or test coverage.
- Maintaining Bugzilla
- tester's mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- PR Update: Nice Thunderbrowse article, Spanish article w/ a recommendation of Thunderbird, some reporters waiting on our next security releases
- Thunderbird ADUs: Top countries German, US, Japan, France, Italy, Poland, UK; steady at over 75k downloads a day and hitting 6.8MM ADUs during the week. About 12% remaining on Thunderbird 2.
- Cebit, March 3-5. There's a Mozilla Firefox booth, equipping the team there with Thunderbird information, Q&A, etc.
- "One Mozilla" web site Task Force meeting notes
- Mozilla Community Town Halls wrapped up last week
- Buildbot BuildAPI
- Kitsune (new support site) Staging
- SpreadThunderbird downtime : Feb 16 @ 10:00-11:00 PDT
Build / Release Update
- Disabled tryserver xpcshell tests on CentOS as they're already running on Fedora.
- Moved Calendar's buildbot master to a dedicated VM and handed off access.
- comm-central hg bundles created weekly at: ftp://ftp.eu.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/bundles/ (Bug 631126)
- tryserver Mac 10.6 builds should fire off unit tests on both 10.5 and 10.6 platforms (Bug 605230)
- Will be working on
* Bug 631597 - Prototype the "Canary" system for Thunderbird * Data mining Thunderbird download data with Ludovic
- AMO bug 600367 almost done, this week!
- setting up dummy Yahoo service for Blake
- setting up logging server for davidb, bug 632639
- contribution: Vacation Response
- "Where do I..." preference reference: project plan, question list
- starting on moving content from Sumomo to Kitsune staging this week
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 655 new support topics (again don't know why it's up,normal is 400-500, last week 670)
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Two Add-on collections set up, see tb-planning for more info:
dmose rebron gozer blake bienvenu roland ludo standard8 jenzed sancus jhopkins