|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 3||Thunderbird 3.1.8|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Usul/Ludo
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Contracts continue to be worked on.
- Standard8 is working on making a version that's bundled with TB for wider testing.
- Bryan and I are implementing a new UI with both free and paid account options.
- We will likely ship 3.3 with only limited integration with free accounts.
- First version released! Woo!
- Working on alternate UI for second version.
- We want more feedback so more communication.
- Bug fixes, mostly.
- Launched l10n work on Babelzilla.
- Considering releasing an alpha3, maybe when Thunderbird 3.3 is out...
Compose in a tab
- Now working properly, and using the backend send functions from thunderbird-stdlib.
- Attachments support.
- Many more fixes, does not depend on Contacts anymore for the autocomplete.
- Huge cleanup of the code.
- Still need to implement saving/edit drafts + autosave, and then will release a new version.
- Goal is to try to get some people interested in the project so that they can contribute and improve the thing.
- Lots of issues, will blog about this.
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Planned 3.3 Feature discussion on tb-planning
- New blocking policy drafted
- Currently working out next alpha/beta schedules.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Thunderbird 3.1.8 and Firefox 3.6.14 both have investigations to issues ongoing, awaiting more info today for next action.
- Drafted updates to page about blocking policies and flags for stability and security releases.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- Maintaining Bugzilla
- tester's mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- VM migrations all around
- Core networking failure (Thursday)
- Added server VM capacity
- Kitsune, now with search (new support site) Staging
Build / Release Update
- Canary system (bug 631597) now collecting and publishing known-good revision history. See http://build.mozillamessaging.com/buildbot/production/known-good-revisions/
- Db Query and data about known good revision for central.
- No more building against tip being unknown
- Need a branch to build stuff and enter data to the db
- Protection against mo-central breaking us
- Export script for tiki wiki articles and logging script done
- Start prototyping TB download page optimizations this week/early next week
- ongoing: conversion from sumomo to kitsune
- running project plan on EtherPad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/CD9K7mfr5T
- ongoing: doc for finding prefs:
- tracking progress with MDC switch to kitsune (code name "Kuma")
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 610 new support topics (again don't know why it's up,normal is 400-500, last week 655)
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- String freeze for 1.0b3 this week.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
dmose, me, bwinton,gozer,jhopkins,jenzed,sancus,roland,philipp