|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 3||Thunderbird 3.1.10|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> rebron
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
- Thomas Schmid for his great work on tab re-ordering and undo tabs on bug 468808.
- Archaeopteryx or helping out with testing for the quick release of 3.1.9 and thorough and speedy reviews, leading to more secure code for the GetAnAccount addon
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel Cake builds off of 3.1.9, possibly this Thursday or next Wednesday to release.
- ISPDB, missing some reports for March, last set remains in the 40% conversion rate.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- [Version 1.0.4] released, with some security fixes.
- It still needs some UI work to put free account sign-up in-frame.
- It also still needs some tests.
- There's been no progress on this, since I was concentrating on other stuff.
Little progress, worked on core patches to enable spellchecking in the Thunderbird Conversations quick reply instead.
Compose in a tab
No progress this week. Works fine, the only feature left before releasing is draft autosave.
no progress lately, waiting on patches to land in FF Sync
New extension released for Account Summary page : bug 489999 Please download and try.
Ubuntu Unity Integration
The Unity Launcher extension is underway. Screencast soon.
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Alpha 3
- Starting to think about effects of mozilla-2.0 branch. Details coming soon.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Thunderbird 3.1.8 and 3.1.9 released last week.
- Crashes have shown up some issues with the updater which are currently being looked at for the next release.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- Maintaining Bugzilla
- tester's mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- The QA page is going under a lot of maintenance old content is available here
- PR Update: release news, more news on Gmail outtage and cloud concerns, a lot of Firefox 4 news, get a bit of a halo effect mentioned in many of the same articles
- ADUS: hanging around the 6.9MM total user number, almost ready to crack 7MM. 11% on Thunderbird 2.x
- CEBIT 2011 great job to Ludo for representing us. Cebit Report
- 3.1.8 and 3.1.9 announcements and other PR work.
- Next up:
- Promoting account provisioner build.
- Twitter/Facebook general setup.
- SWAG work w/ Karen for All Hands.
- Build Storage: upgrades & stability
- Build Staging Environment
- Major Updates to 3.1.x
- Account Provisioning Broker now production ready
Build / Release Update
- Staging environment
- Storage troubleshooting
- Thunderbird 3.1.9 release
- Updating Kitsune staging to 2.6, should be ready to start content migrations.
- Working on download page optimizations this week
- account provisioning middleware running live with SSL now
- ongoing: conversion from sumomo to kitsune
- content migration
- project plan on EtherPad
- working on semi-automated data conversion this week
- comment clean-out
- ongoing: doc for finding prefs
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 763 new support topics (not sure why traffic is so high, last week 500) - Media:28Feb-6Mar2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging-1.png
- Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan], English Language KB Article Sprint this Tuesday and Wednesday,plan is to get localizers to start localizing on Friday
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Lightning will string freeze as soon as Pike has sorted out the needed hackery to make l10n-stage-sj work with our release plans (thanks!)
- comm-central Lightning 1.1a1pre will be renamed 1.0b4pre until Thunderbird branches for 3.3 final.
- The next release will be named 1.0b4, to match with the gap between Tb3.1 and 3.3 (and for emergencies)
- Lightning builds from comm-1.9.2 will likely be stopped soon.
- I won't make the call today as I am sick in bed and not feeling well
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
rebron, dmose, standard8, gozer, roland, clarkbw, jenzed, sancus, ludo, bwinton