|Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1||Thunderbird 3.1.10|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> mconley
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel Cake will base of 3.1.10 and release soon after 3.1.10
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Going slowly due to catching up on reviews.
- I hope to work more on the new UI this week.
Important backend work to improve the interaction between Thunderbird Conversations and Thunderbird. bug 648972 will help a lot in this regard. Help badly needed for issue 238, issue 189 and issue 175. More polish work during the week also...
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- A Launchpad blueprint has been started up to discuss switching the default Ubuntu e-mail application from Evolution to Thunderbird
- Blake and Mike are heading to UDS in Budapest to discuss the future of Thunderbird in Ubuntu (May 9th to 13th)
Miramar & Trunk Development
- Miramar is now building on comm-central plus mozilla-aurora (gecko 5.0).
- We need to start focusing on our blockers. See this list.
- We want to get the Miramar release read for early to mid-May
- Please take some unowned bugs and help drive them through!
- Release Train:
- L10n string freeze is tentatively set for early May
- More info regarding the release train will come from Standard8 this week
- 3.1.10 is now out on the beta channel, and looking pretty good. Set for release on April 26th.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- 3.1.10 is now out on the beta channel.
- Should be released on 26th if no issues found.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- tester's mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- The QA page is going under a lot of rewrite : feedback wanted !
- PR Update: quiet week a few mentions 1 2 and a review from Italy.
- Thunderbird ADUs: 6.8MM to 7.0MM, under 10% on Thunderbird 2.
- Evaluating Spread Thunderbird in light of Spread Firefox plans.
- Web site work.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 3.1.10
- Try Server on mozilla-aurora
- Nightly builds on mozilla-aurora
- Windows 64-bit builder being set up
- Getting ready to launch Kitsune
- Just finishing up on translation and content move
- All the back-end stuff is pretty much working, so we're waiting on content.
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 581 new support topics (my guess: higher count is due to Firefox 4 "knock-on" effect) - Media:11-17April2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan] Because of Easter and web-dev being away and localizations not being complete, we are moving the launch back to April 27, 2011.
- 3.1 Support Issues
- At Mozilla All Hands, discussed the effect on TB Support if TB decides to get on the Firefox rapid release platform train (SUMO support plan for Firefox release plan; we'll need something similar if TB goes for rapid release)
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.