|Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1||Thunderbird 3.1.10|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Usul
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Next Funnel cake release off 3.1.10, possibly Thursday otherwise, next week.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
Account Provisioner: On pause while I concentrate on OpenSearch.
Finished work on Thunderbird to speed up loading of messages. Feature work on Thunderbird Conversations (checkout the forward-conversationo branch, a branch with a new menu that allows you to forward a whole conversation). Tidied up the issue tracker by taking advantage of the new GitHub issue tracker.
What will be in the next release: https://github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=closed&page=1&milestone=1
Compose in a tab
- Now on Bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/squib/mail-summaries
- Essentially done, just waiting on bug 494090
- Next up: release to Mozilla Labs?
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Bumped compatibility of Unity Launcher extension to use libunity4
- De-RDFing of the address book continues unabated
Miramar & Trunk Development
- Miramar is now building on comm-central plus mozilla-aurora (gecko 5.0).
- We need to start focusing on our blockers. See this list.
- Please take some unowned bugs and help drive them through!
- Proposed string/feature freeze for Miramar: 10th May.
- Release Train:
- L10n string freeze is tentatively set for 10th May, might be earlier if we we get the blockers done sooner.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- 3.1.10 is now out on the beta channel.
- Should be released on Thursday assuming no issues found.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- tester's mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- The QA page is going under a lot of rewrite : feedback wanted !
- PR Update: likely some press pick up for 3.1.10, several articles on the new dev channels for Firefox
- Thunderbird ADUs: 5-6MM ADUs this week likely due to Spring Break/Easter Holiday, biggest drops in Germany.
- Working through contracts for web site update for Mozilla Messaging -> mozilla.org.
Build / Release Update
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 570 new support topics (my guess: higher count is due to Firefox 4 "knock-on" effect) - Media:18-24April2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan] Looks like we are almost ready for launch - Japanese, Dutch, French, German, Spanish,Polish appear to mostly converted to the new Syntax
- More agile, more friendly
- updates once a week or so after sumo gets updated
- easier, more user friendly for the users
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
roland , dmose, Usul, Sancus, gozer, jhopkins, rebron, bienvenu, mconley, bwinton