|Thunderbird 5.0 Final Beta||Thunderbird 3.1.11|
|ETA: end of week||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> sancus
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
New Thunderbird Managing Director, JB Piacentino
- started yesterday June 6, 2011
- based in Paris, France
- background: product management, business development, mobile, startups
- met California team in Mountain View on Monday, meeting team in Vancouver 3 days this week, Toronto, end of week and then European folks
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- The providers all preferred the old design to the new provider-first design, so we'll go with that, as long as the privacy review agrees.
- Contracts are moving forward.
- Squib has fixed a number of bugs, and bwinton needs to respond to his pull request…
- The current list of issues is at https://github.com/mozilla/opensearch/issues
Blake to start taking a look at this instead of clarkbw
- All blocking bugs for b1 resolved. Waiting on the translators to finish before submitting to AMO.
- New branch that allows you to comment on a bug directly from the quick reply area, assuming you are viewing a bugmail thread. Will merge to master after b1 is out. Works pretty great!
- More polish, as always. Thunderbird work to enhance the interaction. Finally fixed (Thunderbird side) the long standing bug of the IMIP bar that would never disappear.
- See https://github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=open&page=1 if you want to give a hand.
Compose in a tab
- Really (really!) close to a 1.0 release, just cleaning up a few things and closing out the last issues
- Folder/account summaries now listen to events in order to stay up-to-date
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- De-RDF'ing patch should be up on Bugzilla by the end of the day. Woo!
- We've hit a minor roadblock wrt space on the Ubuntu O CD - the Canonical folk are still unsure whether or not there will be space for TB for this cycle (it doesn't sound like there will be), perhaps sharing libxul with Firefox will help
- EDS contact integration still moving forward. I'm adding hooks to make the address book contact editor more extendable.
Schedule and Progress
Thunderbird 5 (Miramar)
- Thunderbird 5.0 first beta released
- Working on final blockers and l10n approvals for second and final planned beta.
- Hoping to start build soon after 23:59 PDT on Wednesday 8th, will release as soon as we're ready.
- 5.* has been added to AMO, doing a blog post for extensions later today.
- Now on aurora channel.
- Tree is aurora tree green.
- Once we finalise the name, we'll start nightly builds - hopefully Thursday or Friday.
- We have approval-comm-aurora, tracking flags are on their way, details coming to tb-planning soon.
- Currently on comm-central.
- Next release ETA June 21.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
Extension of the week
- Identity Chooser : is an extension useful when you have identities (or email aliases) on one mail account, you sometime send emails with the wrong From:. With this extension installed it should never happen again.
- Worked on TB 5.0b1
- PR Update: Over 20 articles for the Thunderbird Beta release, 1, 2, 3, 4
- Thunderbird ADUs: still at 7MM ADUs w/ 86.7% on latest major release; ~75k average downloads per day
- Continuing web design work, in review.
- Sumomo/Kitsune : Upgraded
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 5.0b1 build 2 pushed to test channels. Pushing 3.1.10->5.0b1 major updates to beta channel soon.
- Final beta build this week
- working on merging parts of mozillamessaging.com into mozilla.org
- finishing up AMO patch, took longer than expected!
- Open Help conference
- Thunderbird 5
- New in TB 5 on staging site
- other articles and updates go live today
- ongoing updates regarding updating Mozilla's engagement sites and pages (integrating Thunderbird)
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1231 new support topics (1239 last week) - Media:30May-5June2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 5 Beta 1 is out! Would love some help with contributors to write some knowledge base articles. No experience required, just a copy of Thunderbird and the ability to write in English or translate. We'll polish up your writing and make it sing!
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Low number of blockers left, the remaining ones can be postponed to the next release if needed
- l10n sign-off completes today, around 30 locales will be ready
- We need a strategy for the new branching/release schedules. Lightning can't handle 3 branches!
- comm-central unit testers waiting on some core bugs
- Testing, testing, testing...
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Can we get some of the FF info around release numbers, to answer some of the questions we're getting.
Canary might be available in less than a month.
jhopkins, jb, davida, jenzed, ludo, rolandtanglao,standard8 aka Mark Banner, gozer, rebron, bievenu, mconley, bwinton, sancus, andreasn, fallen aka Philipp Kewisch, wmswk aka Wayne Mery