(current release schedules returning soon)
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> sancus
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
- Lanoxx, a contributor from Germany, did a significant update and expansion to the Thunderbird extension tutorial
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- bwinton sent mockups of the final flow to various third parties.
- bwinton doesn't have enough time to actually get the patch written on schedule, and so has asked Protz for help driving it home.
Andrew back from vacations, need to update my gloda patches. Lot of telemetry work happening: - I patched the about:telemetry extension to make it work with Thunderbird, - sent an email to the metrics team, they confirmed we would be able to aggregate the data by date, - I plan on pushing a patch to toolkit so that we have our own gloda sections in the telemetry reports, - I have an email ready to go asking our testing community to enable telemetry reporting (as soon as about:telemetry is approved). Once all of that is done, I plan on letting the stats accumulate for a couple weeks, then land the gloda patches, and compare the results.
Auto-resizing iframe review pending, probably won't get r+ until a few cycles.
Started writing mozmill tests for Thunderbird Conversations.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Keeping an eye out for show-stoppers, major problems - but so far, so good.
Schedule and Progress
- beta builds done and on FTP except for 4 locales, waiting on Standard8
- The 3.1 series is going to keep going while we discuss how to work with enterprise users. Once there's a way forward there, we'll close down the 3.1 branch.
Extension of the week
- Auto Address cleaner Let's you send emails without sending the comments stored in your address book. Very useful if you have a lot of address entries with comments.
- Release work
- Bugzilla maintenance
- We need more people running on the Aurora channel
- How we plan on changing testing with the train release model
Build / Release Update
- jhopkins back from vacation
- Thunderbird 6.0
- Major updates in *test channels
- Thunderbird 7.0b1
- Mozmill now in-tree
- channel page done and here: http://www-stage.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/channel -- localization bugs will be filed today
- working on Kitsune update and a bunch of small website bugs
- Knowledge Base community contributions:
- New MDN contributor: update and expand Thunderbird extension tutorial
- investigate enabling feedback site for Thunderbird
- 17 responses to (from us to them) to contributor inquiry form
Philipp has been very busy with exams, therefore work has slowed a bit, but:
- Summer of Code is now over, I'd say it has been a success for calendar!
- Tree situation has yet to be solved, I'm on it.
- Working on providing a build for Tb7.0b1
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.