(current release schedules returning soon)
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> sancus
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
- No nominations this week.
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- There's a security review for Account Provisioning occurring this Friday. Please chip in if you have feedback.
- Blake is away this week, so no updates.
- Trying to get Thunderbird Test Pilot support landed at the moment
- Once it lands, we'll be looking at doing some studies! We'll probably start that on a Beta phase, and then we might push it out to some percentage of release channel users.
Finished working on Gloda patches, I have a series of 6 patches that should considerably boost gloda performance. Next: improve about:telemetry so that people can use try builds to measure how much that makes the situation better for them. Ideally, testers would use Conversations to make sure Gloda is put under as much stress as possible. Just tried with and w/o the 6 patches. Size of global-messages-db.sqlite went from 220MB down to 164MB. That's a 25% size reduction!
About to start working on layout, and also writing mozmill tests for Thunderbird Conversations (just realized that 12000+ lines of code with no tests is on the verge of being an untenable situation).
Also, improved Thunderbird Conversations as usual by fixing bugs and implementing a few UI-related fixes suggested by Bryan. Will try to work with Andy to do a visual refresh of the UI.
We're at 50,000+ users, but we can always use more!
Conversations 2.1 will be coming out soon, which fixes quite a few bugs.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- It's official - Thunderbird will be the default e-mail client in Ubuntu Oneiric!
- So far, EDS Contacts Integration add-on feedback has been positive.
- Ubuntu Oneiric has gone into feature freeze, which means that the EDS provider for Lightning won't get bundled this cycle.
- Canonical knew that it was a long-shot to get EDS Lightning integration in this cycle, so it wasn't a dealbreaker
Schedule and Progress
- Releasing today! We're about half-way done.
- The release is out on the website, but not yet in the update channels. This will probably happen within an hour or so.
- This is the first release that's fully gone through each of the 6-week channels, so it's official - Thunderbird is riding the train!
- Merges to beta today.
- The Earlybird branding is going out later this week
- The channels page for getting Earlybird and Beta builds will be coming out soon, too
- Daily branding will also be landing soon.
- Merges to earlybird today.
- Development starts on trunk today.
- Regular security release is going out today
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- The 3.1 series is going to keep going while we discuss how to work with enterprise users. Once there's a way forward there, we'll close down the 3.1 branch.
Extension of the week
- Release work
- Bugzilla maintenance
- PR update, several blog posts 1, 2, 3 on Thunderbird as default email client in Ubuntu Oneiric
- Tb6 release today
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 3.1.12 / 6.0
- In-Tree Mozmill (in progress)
- Fixed the validator that bumped compatibility on binary add-ons.
- New validator will go live soon
- There's a script that's re-checking all of those bumped add-ons as we speak.
- KB article Display name message list and message pane (needs revision)
- blog post Pro tip: hacking messages for easy screenshots (will also add to Knowledge Base)
- three approved KB edit contributions
- ten responses (from us to them) to contributor inquiry form
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1591 new support topics (1993 1 week ago) - Media:08-15August2011-GS-WeeklyMetrics.png
- Thunderbird 5 Support Issues
- Thunderbird 6 Support Issues - please edit and add any issues - especially if you're on OSX Lion!
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- We now have Aurora builds for Lightning, alongside of Nightly
- The Miramar branch has been shut down
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- If you have any feedback, get it in quick, because it's going to get finalized shortly