(current release schedules returning soon)
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> jhopkins
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Suggestion (protz): Hiroshi Shirosaki has been submitting quite a few patches for Enigmail support in Thunderbird Conversations, and also a small patch for Enigmail. It's rare to have contributors for Thunderbird Conversations, so if there's no better suggestion, I'd be glad to see that person get a t-shirt :-).
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
No progress this week. Jonathan protzenko familiarizing with the add-on code and porting it to core. Coming up: full review of objectives, risks assesment and planning
- Extension mostly converted to patch; still needs l10n and tests
- Most everything works now
- Next up: moving to comm-central (later, a common version should go into mozilla-central for Firefox and Thunderbird)
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Ubuntu Oneiric went to Beta last week! Oneiric is scheduled for full release on October 13th (see the release schedule here)
- There were some more minor hiccups with the integration add-ons last week, but they've been addressed by Chris Coulson and myself. Nothing major.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 27th September
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Doing follow-up releases for 6.0, 3.1, and TB 7 beta because of new information with the certificates issues.
- Currently on: Beta
- Released second beta today (Tuesday)
- Add-on compatibility bump should happen on Wednesday or Thursday.
- Currently on: Earlybird
- Add-on compatibility bump information prepared, submitting to AMO this week, should go live next week.
- 8.* added to AMO.
- Currently on: Trunk.
- Next merge date is in about 3 weeks.
- The 3.1 series is going to keep going while we discuss how to work with enterprise users. Once there's a way forward there, we'll close down the 3.1 branch.
- 3.1.14 releasing today (Tuesday)
Extension of the week
- Mailhops a nice and funny little extension that lets you see how your emails travel. apparently mailhops also can introduce perf issue
- Maintaining bugzilla
- Release work
- Tb releases.
- PR Update:
- Thunderbird ADUs starting to move back up from usual Summer dips, at 6.8MM ADUs and 53% on latest version.
- Meeting with brand/market research firm.
- client.mk/client.py patches landed bug 656049
Build / Release Update
- build/sign/release chemspill builds
- tb7 compatibility patch mostly done, finishing it off today
- Still need to find time to fix the front-end JS bug on kitsune before we can go live
- Knowledge Base:
- 20 responses to (from us to them) to contributor inquiry form
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 2041 new support topics (1640 one week ago) - Media:29August-4September2011Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 6 Support Issues
- Thunderbird 7 Support Issues - new! please edit and add any issues found in TB7 (currently beta 1), starting at beta 1 for TB7 and future releases
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Would like to move off of mozillamessaging.com domain as soon as possible. Will discuss at the all-hands.
Nothing really new to talk about. Tomorrow is my last exam, keep your fingers crossed at all times!
Afterwards the first thing I'll do is spin a tb7 compatible build for testing.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- No meeting next week due to an All-Hands event.