Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- We now have Feature Tracking in place for Thunderbird.
- See the link for more details. The feature pages start here.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Nothing to report this week.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 8th November
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Released last week, with a follow-up 7.0.1 to fix an issue with disappearing add-ons on upgrade (temporary dataloss).
- Currently on: Beta (after today)
- Releasing beta 1 today.
- Add-on compatibility bump will happen this week (either today or Friday)
- Currently on: Aurora (after today)
- The 3.1 series is going to keep going while we discuss how to work with enterprise users. Once there's a way forward there, we'll close down the 3.1 branch.
Extension of the week
- None this week - send suggestions to email@example.com
- Reached 7.3MM ADUs last week with Germany, US, France, Japan, and Italy leading the way.
- Tb 7/7.01 releases and Tb 8 Beta 1.
- Brand and market research planning.
- Working with Ann-Marie on user surveys
- Vancouver office move out
- Relocated all Vancouver build capacity to San Jose (mac-only)
Build / Release Update
- OS X builds are now done in San Jose like the other platforms, so no more build dependency on the Vancouver office (bug 688838)
- Thunderbird 7 and 3.1.15 released
- Thunderbird 8.0 beta 1 built
- working on a better l10n scheme for our version of kitsune
- TB8 compatibility bump will be run on Thursday after the AMO push
- slightly over 50% of locales done l10n on TB7 pages bug 689449
- Trying to figure out a way to get TB on nightly.mozilla.org
- interviewing new practicum student
- talking to BCIT Tech Writing program head about addressing students on open source opportunities
- four new KB articles (list and links to follow)
- one new MDN article (New in TB 7)
- four major MozillaZine updates (list and links to follow)
- 33 inquiry responses
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1944 new support topics (1625 1 week ago) - Media:26September-2October2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png - up because of TB7 release on Tuesday
- Thunderbird 7 Support Issues
- Thunderbird 8 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues found in TB8 starting with TB8 Beta 1
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Lightning 1.0b7 released, no pressing issues
- Lightning 1.0rc1 is being built, linux and windows is here, mac due tomorrow
- l10n dashboard is just about set up, bug 689526
- Working on getting mozmill running for calendar, partial success.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
bienvenu standard8 jb mconley bwinton rebron roland ludo gozer jhopkins sancus jenzed phillip