Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Ludovic
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
- aceman from Slovakia for helping in daily triage.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- We now have Feature Tracking in place for Thunderbird.
- See the link for more details. The feature pages start here.
Polishing the latest details.
- Just finishing up some refactoring and adding some Mozmill tests
- After that, reviews/landing!
- Test Pilot checked into 9.0.
- Next up
- File followups for minor issues
- Update add-on version for 8.0
- Start making studies!
- First study about Menus and Toolbar or what kind and # of accounts
On hold, working on get an account.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- EDS Contacts Integration add-on got updated to fix an annoying authentication loop problem. Fix should be rolled out shortly.
- Ubuntu Oneiric gets released on Thursday! Woo!
- As such, Mike is bracing himself for a possible onslaught of bug reports / triage (in Launchpad)
- Blake and Mike are heading to Orlando at the end of the month to attend the Ubuntu Developer Summit
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 8th November
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Add-on compatibility bump completed last Friday.
- Lightning 1.0rc1 is now available on the developer channel on AMO. Future versions of lightning for Thunderbird Beta will be there as well.
- Add-on compatibility bump information collated, should be done before Thunderbird 9 makes it to beta.
- The 3.1 series is going to keep going while we discuss how to work with enterprise users. Once there's a way forward there, we'll close down the 3.1 branch.
Extension of the week
- Auto Compress File : uses mozilla's integrated zip library to compress attachments and send them smaller to your correspondents.
- Thunderbird ADUs reached 7.4MM with Germany, US, France, Japan, Italy leading the way.
- Getting ready for TB8.
- Preparing a few surveys.
- Getting swag ready for Ubuntu Dev Summit
- New Try Server is out: Known Issues
- Still experiencing various issues, but will get them hammered out.
- SSL serving infrastructure significantly beefed up for all the new https:// start pages.
Build / Release Update
- Ran the TB8 compatibility bump last week, catching up!
- TB9 bump should be done ahead of beta, code will be done this week.
- Fixed a number of kitsune bugs, and the new version is live on SUMOMO.
- Filed bug 692956 to track getting TB on nightly.mozilla.org
- New in Thunderbird 8 page in the Knowledge Base
- two new students will be starting their practicum with us this week or next
- November doc sprint for updating the Thunderbird FLOSS Manual
- 14 responses to contribution inquiries
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1687 new support topics (1944 1 week ago) - Media:3-9October2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 8 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues found in TB8 starting with TB8 Beta 1
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
rebron , mconley, bwinton, standard8, Usul, roland, bienvenu, sancus,gozer,jenzed