Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Usul
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Going through more polish iterations - getting pretty close, just dealing with some smaller details
- Starting to get the first tests up and running on our development channels
- expect something next week for Aurora+beta + users with the extension
- Only tests, see how the stats comes back from - data won't be used to make decision.
- making sure users experience is ok.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 20th December
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Merge in 4 weeks.
Extension of the week
- Nostalgy : move and filter your email from your keyboard.
- 81% coverage for Thunderbird 10's last week's testing events, 15 bugs found
- Thank you if you participated
- 38% coverage for Lightning 1.0's test week, 4 bugs found
- Thank you if you participated or tried to
- Thunderbird ADUs reached high of 7.7MM led by Germany, US, France, Japan, Italy and Poland.
- Tb 8 adoption rate very strong, 8 days to 50% of users compared to Thunderbird 7.0 12 days.
- TB 9.
- Publishing survey results.
- Test Pilot studies, exploring "Broken Add-ons" survey in addition to "week in the life study".
- Linux trunk build green on Firefox build infra.
Build / Release Update
jhopkins away this week
- Fixed a few small website bugs(earlybird favicon, etc)
- Closed remaining TB6 & 7 l10n bugs, only TB8 ones are left.
- wrote some code for AOL account provisioner based on previous documentation, but still don't have any server to test on :(
- new snippet on MDN: Get MIME Headers for any message (thanks Protz!)
- clean-up and maintenance on MDN
- four major Knowledge Base article edits from contributors
- training with practicum students on style, standards, etc
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1419 new support topics (1549 one week ago) - Media:14-20November2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 8 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues found in TB8
- Support Contributors, please add yourself to the Mozillians directory and tag yourself "Thunderbird", "Support" and your city e.g. "Manila". Roland, rtanglao AT mozilla.com can vouch for you !
- Love to hear your views on how we can grow the Thunderbird community of developers, support folks, QA folks, documentation folks, etc
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Work on Ctypes, one unit test to fix.
- some stuff to work out.
- Long bug list and reviews.
- Interesting stats on the calendar blog.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Usul, Standard8, Fallen, Roland, Bienvenu, Rebron, Jenzed , Sancus, Gozer, dveditz