Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> andreasn
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
- bernd_s of Germany who since late August has replied over 600 times on Get Satisfaction (as well as being a moderator of the German language Thunderbird support forum for many years!). Vielen Dank,"Bernd"!
- Scott Nesbitt, who organized last week's sprint to update to the Thunderbird FLOSS Manual
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Pretty much done. Needs testing before we hit beta.
- Various fixes landed over the last few days.
- Gearing up for an initial study next week, which is intended to test the system out.
- Removing this section from the meeting structure in future.
- Ubuntu integration has been completed. Any further updates for the roundtable.
- Conversations is also ongoing and can be covered by roundtable.
- Compose in a tab & Account Summary are ongoing projects that are currently on hold, and can be covered in feature work in future.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 20th December
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Although Firefox is generating a 8.0.1, the issues covered don't affect our users, hence we are not planning on building an 8.0.1.
- Initial beta delayed due to finishing off some test pilot issues and getting tests green.
- Currently there is build problem that's stopping win32 repacks being generated. We are investigating.
- Hope to have it out by Wednesday at the latest.
- Now on aurora branch. There are some test failures, waiting on a patch to land in mozilla-aurora.
- Please test account provisioning & open search.
- Account provisioning still needs some work, especially on the server side.
Extension of the week
- No extension of the week this week
- No QA update this week
- Now at 7.7MM ADUs.
- PR work for Tb 8 and Lightning 1.0.
- First round of surveys done. Japan survey completed this week.
- Hope everyone had a good MozCamp Europe. MozCamp Asia targeted for this weekend.
- Getting ready for Tb 9 and Test Pilot studies.
- SSL Clients Certs: gone
- MoCo LDAP Authentication: done
- Buildbot Admin
- Clobberer Admin
- Permissions for some of the LDAP authentication have changed with the move and might need looking into
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 9.0b1 beta currently blocked on bug 702645 - win32_repack_beta broken due to "LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mozcrt.lib'"
- standard8 has a fix, we'll start build 2 early today
- Progressing on building Thunderbird on Firefox infrastructure. bhearsum devoting 1hr/week to help.
- No web update this week
- sprint to update the Thunderbird FLOSS Manual
- new KB articles from contributors:
- working with AMO folks regarding Thunderbird visibility (original issue was monetizing Thunderbird add-ons); on hold as Justin is away
- working with MDN folks regarding Thunderbird visibility on MDN (which has decreased as MDN front-end changes have occurred)
- updating KB site (and various others) to raise visibility of "New in Thunderbird x" pages
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1549 new support topics (1121 one week ago) - Media:7-13NovemberThunderbirdGSstats-2011-11-14_1633.png
- Thunderbird 8 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues found in TB8
- Support Contributors, please add yourself to the Mozillians directory and tag yourself "Thunderbird", "Support" and your city e.g. "Berlin". Roland, rtanglao AT mozilla.com can vouch for you !
- Love to hear your views on how we can grow the Thunderbird community of developers, support folks, QA folks, documentation folks, etc
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Phillip attended Mozcamp, enjoyed the event and talked to lots of people
- In progress to get rid of all the C code in Lightning!
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- No roundtable highlights this week
andreasn, bwinton, standard8, gozer, jenzed, rebron, raphael, fallen, mconley