Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Roland
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Just ran the polish patch through some more ad-hoc UI reviews
- Putting up for official ui and code review today
- Try builds of yesterday's work available here, though there's been some evolution of the patch today.
- First study ("A Week in the Life of a Mail Client") ready to go onto index-tb-dev.json; just waiting for Jono to merge it.
- Nearing release of version 2.0 of the add-on
- Post about this on Labs?
- After that: merge into Thunderbird
- Latest try builds are here - please give them a shot!
- Still going through some theme-y fixes and polish
- Targeting to land for Thunderbird 11
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: December 20th
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- beta 3 this week - will turn OFF hardware acceleration by default because there are very few usecases where Thunderbird benefits
Extension of the week
Folder pane view switcher restores the arrow keys that let you switch folder views from say all to only folders with unread messages.
- Following the winqual discussion for Firefox and getting ready for it.
- Catching up on bugmail
- Need to clean up litmus
- Setting up new VMs
- Normal season holiday patterns for Tb ADUs in the 7.0MM range.
- Publishing latest survey results this week on Thunderbird blog
- Getting ready for TB 9.
Build / Release Update
- jhopkins back from vacation, now located in Eastern time zone
- continuing work to build Thunderbird on Firefox infrastructure; will add platforms this week
- Fixed email config issue with Yahoo
- Working on some persistent error messages with kitsune
- Improving website release process(script to copy locales & merge)
- drafts of a set of troubleshooting articles:
- anti-virus problems
- performance issues
- memory usage issues
- draft of "Installing and Using another Language in the Dictionary"
- major contributor updates to:
- 17 emails (welcomes and / or redirects) to potential contributors
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1115 new support topics (1419 one week ago) - Media:21-27NovemberGSThunderbirdSupportStats-2011-11-28_1513.png
- Thunderbird 8 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues found in TB8
- Thunderbird 9 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB9 (as of this writing current TB9 version is TB9 Beta 2) on Get Satisfaction please tag them appropriately i.e. "tb9b2" for beta 2, "tb9b3" for beta 3 and "tb9" for general Thunderbird 9 issues
- Support Contributors, please add yourself to the Mozillians directory and tag yourself "Thunderbird", "Support" and your city e.g. "Berlin". Contact Roland, rtanglao AT mozilla.com to get vouched! Roland will vouch for anybody on the tb-support-crew mailing list!
- Love to hear your views on how we can grow the Thunderbird community of developers, support folks, QA folks, documentation folks, etc
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- C code conversion almost complete
- Microsoft Exchange provider hope to ship that as part of Lightning core in Lightning 1.2 or 1.3
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
dveditz, jenzed, standard8, usul, rolandtanglao, sancus, gozer, jhopkins, fallen, mconley,bwinton, bienvenu, jb