Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> mconley
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Has already landed
- Still going through final polish and bug-fixing iterations
- Has already landed
- Also going through final polish and bug-fixing iterations
- Hoping to push out some tests later this week to our beta users.
- We'll take a look at the results, but we're not expecting anything conclusive there, because it's a small data set - but it'll be a good test of the Test Pilot infrastructure.
- Going into final theming work - Andreas is working on OSX, and Richard Marti is finishing up Windows XP
- A few final bugs got patched last week, but we're getting super-close to something we can land
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 20th December
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Compatibility bump work in progress, should happen within the next couple of weeks.
- We've landed the patch that makes add-ons compatible by default
- This does not apply to add-ons with binary components of course
- AMO can override auto-compatibility of an add-on
Extension of the week
- signature Let's you choose your signature on the fly via a menu item.
- usual maintenance in bugzilla
- some beta testing
- It's been very difficult to do work with e-mail and Bugzilla being down, but we're managing.
- Happy 7th Day Anniversary of Thunderbird 1.0 tomorrow, December 7.
- Our high for ADUs at 7.8MM on 11/28. ADUs and downloads holding steady. Germany, US, France, Japan, Italy, and Poland leading the way.
- Getting ready for Tb 9, pages are in process of getting localized and features getting communicated to local PR and marketing teams.
- Week in the Life of Thunderbird User Test Pilot study, shooting to go into testing this week.
- MoCo is experiencing a huge outage of various services (email, calendar, AMO, etc) - luckily, the build infrastructure for Thunderbird has dodged the bullet
- There *might* be some product impact with this outage
Build / Release Update
- win32/mac/linux32 comm-central dep and leak test builds mostly green on Firefox staging
- working on packaged tests next
- TB9 content updates will be ready for l10n today.
- Have a fix for bug 661003 (kitsune analysis thing) but still waiting for email to come back so I can reset my webtrends password to finish this up...
- Also refixed bug 703801
- TB 10 compatibility bump for add-ons should be done by the end of the week
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1239 new support topics (1115 one week ago) - 28-4DecemberThunderbirdGS-stats-2011-12-05_1320.png
- Thunderbird 9 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB9 (as of this writing current TB9 version is TB9 Beta 3) on Get Satisfaction please tag them appropriately i.e. "tb9b3" for beta 3, "tb9b4" for beta 4 and "tb9" for general Thunderbird 9 issues
- Support Contributors, please add yourself to the Mozillians directory and tag yourself "Thunderbird", "Support" and your city e.g. "Tokyo". Contact Roland, rtanglao AT mozilla.com to get vouched! Roland will vouch for anybody on the tb-support-crew mailing list!
- Experimental twice a day Thunderbird support report showing trending topics, ISPs, mail providers, tags, anti-virus and active contributors at thunderbirdrobot.posterous.com. Unfortunately due to what seems like a bug in the posterous API it's truncated. Luckily I have an email backup which I can use to fix it.
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.