Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Usul (Standard8 afk)
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Polish patch (bug 700536) has ui-r+, and is currently undergoing a few final changes from a code review
- With fingers crossed, hope to land today or tomorrow.
- This will fix a lot of the ugliness of the Account Provisioner currently in EarlyBird.
- Did an initial small test on development channel this week and found a few issues. We're fixing them up before pushing out the test to our beta users.
- Privacy review completed with Sid, Chris, Rafael.
- Getting really close with this - Andreas is just working on some last-minute themeing work to help make things easier for Lightning
- Hopefully requesting ui-r today or tomorrow
- Prerequisite bug 708982 essentially done
- Notification UI ("do you want to convert this attachment to a link?" prompt) moving along
- Splitting front-end and back-end patches so Bienvenu and Squib don't step on each other's toes
- A good chunk has been implemented - but we're holding on this to focus on BigFiles.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: December 20th
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Releases next week. Final beta being produced on Tuesday.
- Merges to beta next week. Hope to have a build out just before Christmas.
- Merges to aurora on 20th.
- 3.1.17 being produced on Monday/Tuesday and will go to the beta channel.
Extension of the week
- Working on releases
- Catching up on bugmail
- Thunderbird ADUs remaining steady during the holidays.
- Tb9 release for next week.
- ESR communication.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 9.0 beta4 on beta. 9.0 beta 5 'go' expected today or tomorrow
- Thunderbird 3.1.17 on betatest
- bug 698843 - Build Thunderbird on Firefox infrastructure - this week: working on packaged tests
- Thunderbird 9.0 final build planned for this weekend
- bug 707792 - Port bug 549561 to Thunderbird to speed up mailbloat tests
- TB9 Content is being localized, most major locales done already
- Moving start page to http://www-stage.mozilla.org/thunderbird/release/start so we stop copying it every release
- working with practicum students; more drafts of:
- anti-virus problems
- performance issues
- memory usage issues
- Installing and Using another Language in the Dictionary
- 12 emails (welcomes and / or redirects) to potential contributors
- new contributor article: Avoiding quota limits on mail servers
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1176 new support topics (1239 one week ago) - Thunderbird-GS-stats-5-11Dec2011-2011-12-12_1602.png
- Thunderbird 9 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB9 (as of this writing current TB9 version is TB9 Beta 4) on Get Satisfaction please tag them appropriately i.e. "tb9b4" for beta 4, "tb9b5" for beta 5 and "tb9" for general Thunderbird 9 issues
- Support Contributors, please add yourself to the Mozillians directory and tag yourself "Thunderbird", "Support" and your city e.g. "Penang". Contact Roland, rtanglao AT mozilla.com to get vouched! Roland will vouch for anybody on the tb-support-crew mailing list!
- Experimental twice a day Thunderbird support report showing trending topics, ISPs, mail providers, tags, anti-virus and active contributors at thunderbirdrobot.posterous.com. Unfortunately due to what seems like a bug in the posterous API it's truncated (same report from another developer). Luckily I have an email backup which I can use to fix it. Help wanted with the code: i) email to Posterous script, ii) post to API Posterous script; contact rtanglao AT mozilla.com or send me a github pull request
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- ctypes-libical: Working on packaging and making unit tests run (needs nsIXULAppInfo)
- cache with ics: Have a WiP patch that makes large cached ics calendars totally usable
- tabs on top: patch in progress, looking good
- Making sure strings are ready for the 20th
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
bwinton, mconley, gozer, jhopkins, rebron , usul