Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> jhopkins
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
- Hashem Masoud for his strong involvement in bugzilla.
- alta88 for his RSS feed handling improvements
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- UI and behaviour polish patch has landed (bug 700536)
- We need to land a tiny patch that takes into account longer strings in buttons that was screwing up our layout somewhat (bug 711968)
- a few fix-ups this week
- On the brink of landing. I hope. Sid has noticed some issues with Tabs on Top and TestPilot, so he's looking into that.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: Today
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Releasing today.
- Merges to beta today, will be doing builds later this week.
- Merges to aurora today.
- Releasing 3.1.17 today
Extension of the week
- Thunderbird ADUs reached all time high 7.9MM last week, normalizing this week due to the holidays at around 7.6MM ADUs.
- Tb 9 release work.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 9.0 beta 5
- Thunderbird 9.0 final builds
- Bug 710350 - Don't hard-code 'firefox' and 'fennec' in misc.py
- Bug 698843 - Build Thunderbird on Firefox infrastructure (should be getting some help from armenzg in the new year)
- TB9->10 compatiblity bump done, should go live on thursday
- Over 50% of locales are done l10n for TB9 content updates, including all major ones
- fought with webtrends a bunch last week for kitsune analysis, not done yet but today hopefully!
- New in Thunderbird 9
- Thunderbird Stewards goals
- New contributor article: Using Gmail to move mail to a new computer (needs edits before going live)
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1147 new support topics (1176 one week ago) - Media:Thunderbird-GetSatisfaction-stats-12-18Dec2011-2011-12-19_1453.png
- Thunderbird 9 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB9 and tag them tb9
- Support Contributors, please add yourself to the Mozillians directory
- Experimental twice a day Thunderbird support report showing trending topics, ISPs, mail providers, tags, anti-virus and active contributors at thunderbirdrobot.posterous.com. Unfortunately due to what seems like a bug in the posterous API it's truncated (same report from another developer). Luckily I have an email backup which I can use to fix it. Help wanted with the code: i) email to Posterous script, ii) post to API Posterous script; contact rtanglao AT mozilla.com or send me a github pull request
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Happy Holidays and thanks to all who contributed to support in 2011! Thunderbird Get Satisfaction year in numbers work in progress: over 4000 topics solved by contributors and employees; over 25000 replies by contributors and employees
- lightning 1.1 released to AMO yesterday
- hope to have Thunderbird 10 and Lightning beta out for Christmas
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- no meeting next week
- looking at how to move ispdb updates faster
- sancus, jenzed, standard8, rolandtanglao, rebron, gozer, jhopkins