Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> sancus
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Fixed a bug that made buttons dragged beside the menubar have icons below text
- Andreas will soon be landing a patch that will make the transition between the tab selector and message tabs easier on the eyes.
- A patch has been written for the XML double-download bug, and is just awaiting security review (hopefully sometime tomorrow)
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: January 31st, 2012
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Releases on Tuesday, Jan 31
- Going to beta next week
- Has Tabs on Top
Extension of the week
Google-contacts will let you share and sync your address book with your gmail account.
- We are having an update testday this coming Thursday read the Thunderbird:QA_TestDay:2012-01-26 details
- Recent articles 1, 2
- Thunderbird ADUs around 7.8MM w/ Germany, US, France, Japan, and Italy leading the way.
- Release work, Tb 10 and ESR announcements.
Build / Release Update
- On-deck this week: Thunderbird 10.0b5, 10.0 final, 3.1.18, 3.1.17->10.0b4 major updates
- working on TB10 content updates
- This week
- Thunderbird ESR pages & website support for ESR builds
- Getting ready for TB10 release
- TB11 compatibility bump
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list
- Thunderbird 3.1 -> Thunderbird 10 upgrade test day is Thursday January 26 2012, this Thursday! If you want to help, create a new TB profile, revert to TB 3.1 and test upgrading with us on Thursday. Love to see you there! The more testing we do on Thursday, the less Support issues we'll have when TB3.1 is EOL'ed.
- 1615 new support topics (542 one week ago) - Media:ThunderbirdGetSatisfactionMetrics16-22January2012-2012-01-23_1056.png - NOTE: last week's numbers are low because GS's stats failed to work for Monday-Wednesday of last week
- Thunderbird 9 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB9 and tag them tb9
- Thunderbird 10 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB10 and tag them tb10 - TB10 Release is next week, so backup up your Thunderbird profile, and try the TB 10 beta today if you have some time!
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.