Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use a headset and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> mconley
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Nothing to add this week.
- Nothing major to report. A final polish bug is landing shortly (bug 748400)
- We're pushing shipping IM off by a release.
- Florian is working mostly on backend changes and cleanup - i.e., making it easy to mix search results between IM and messages (still limited to 400 search results though)
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 05 06
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- The tab appearance problem that people have been seeing will be resolved when a new beta goes out
- Hoping to release another beta late this week or start of next week (depending on where we are with the new build automation stuff)
Extension of the week
- No QA updates due to holiday. Oh, and also because Ludo got married! :D Congrats Ludo!
Build / Release Update
- Update on moving to Firefox build infrastructure (bug 698843):
- Try, Comm-Central switched over
- Comm-Aurora moving today
- Beta,Release,Esr moving later this week
- Beta late this week or early next week
- swapping over to Visual Studio 2010 (via mozconfig change)
- users having SP1 and older have already been disabled from getting updates
- as a result, slightly different nightly builds will be coming out
- moved ispdb to https://github.com/mozilla/ispdb, started accepting patches from helpful contributors like Sergio!
- Start Page weekly update
- We are missing some icons from the initial redesign, already pinged Tycho about getting them
- The usual merging and l10n update stuff
- worked on bedrock some(mozilla.org revamp)
- Next support day will be the day after TB 13 releases i.e. 1 day after TB13 release day June 5 which will be June 6, 2012
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1630 new support topics (1555 one week ago ) - Media:30April-6May2012TBGS-1of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png ;Media:30April-6May2012TBGS-2of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 12 Support Issues
- HOT! bug 750781 - Thunderbird 12.0.1 very slow when opening a message / not responding due to Thunderbird Places SQLite "*-wal and *-shm" files (and possibly other TB SQLite files) being removed and replaced with a directory. POSSIBLE CAUSE: Anti-virus (MozillaZine has a report of it being caused by SET NOD32, currently version 184.108.40.206.; Aurélien on Bugzilla had the problem happen with Avira Antivir) - WORKAROUND - Open the Thunderbird Profile Directory from Help | Troubleshooting Information, quit Thunderbird, delete any directories in the Thunderbird Profile Directory ending in "-wal" or "-shm" and then restart Thunderbird e.g. delete directories named like the following: "places.sqlite-wal", "places.sqlite-shm", "cookies.sqlite-shm", "cookies.sqlite-wal" ; Possible fix in bug 752732 and also in a future version of SQLite, 3.7.12 or higher out in a few weeks from May 7, 2012 ; If you find further issues like this in GS please tag them tb12sqlite
- Further issues? If so please edit the TB12 Support Issues page and add any issues or bugs found in TB12 and tag them tb12
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- TB community day June 1st in Vancouver
- TB Support Clinic in Vancouver modelled after the Firefox in person support event aka Firefox Clinic before Mozcamp Europe sometime Summer 2012
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Here are some quick GSoC updates:
- We're still in the "community bonding" phase, and some students are still getting through exams
- Atul has been in communication with Bienvenu, is still finishing off exams, but will be ready to dive in soon
- Sergio has already landed some changes, and has upgraded ISPDB to work with Django 1.4, and integrated Persona ID as an authentication mechanism!
- Trung has been studying tabs in Thunderbird, and how Firefox did the app tab implementation.
usul, standard8, bienvenu, bwinton, mconley, rolandtanglao, andreas nilsson, sancus, mmecca, irving, jhopkins, mmecca