Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> TBD
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
Modern Address Book (Ensemble)
- Tentative roadmap published!
- Working on a draft specification for the connector API.
- In-progress document on the synchronization model
- More information on tags in Ensemble
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 19 November
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- We released 16.0.1 and 10.0.9esr in sync with the Firefox security updates last week.
- Mac crashers seem to have gone away in 16.0*
- 17.0b1 released last week.
Extension of the week
Build / Release Update
- Builders will soon be building on Thunderbird relevant changes only, i.e. pushes to suite/ won't cause Thunderbird builds but will still show up on tbpl.
Support and Documentation
- Thunderbird 16.0 Support Issues - Thanks to Vincent and Wayne and all who helped with the support day and helped update the etherpad, please add any missing issues to the TB16 support issues page - nothing major and new so far, still not sure if TB16 compacting fixes have made a big difference
- 1280 new support topics (1176 one week ago ) - Media:8-14Oct2012-Part1of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png, Media:8-14Oct2012-Part2of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- We will be documenting the process for getting bugs to 17 post-release very soon, and where the repositories will be etc.
- New Thunderbird bugs filed via the guided form will now go into an untriaged component. Thanks to Wayne for leading this initiative.