- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Monday, 29 April
Tuesday, 30 April
Wednesday, 01 May
Thursday, 02 May
- Grow Mozilla discussion at 10 AM pacific -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
Friday, 03 May
Saturday, 04 May
Sunday, 05 May
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Test Metro on your windows 8 devices (it's already on nightly!)
- Also: the metro team is running as a straight 2wk-cycle scrum team. If you're curious, hang out in the Firefox/Planning 11am Wednesday Coordination Meeting for updates
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- We're in the yandex store!
- Continuing to set records for stability on FF20 (release) and FF21 (beta) - keep it up!
- Still debugging dynamic/auto-hiding nav bar (e.g. bug 858969), please report bugs vigourously!
- Release is creeping towards 4.5 (visual) stars in the play store - do you have 2000 friends who can help?
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: Ryan Merkley in Toronto
- Last week we told you about Maker Party 2013, Mozilla's big summer learning code where people will get together around the world to make and learn with the web
- This week: we're going to tell you about what's happening specifically in the UK, through their "Make Things Do Stuff" campaign
- Get involved: you can learn more and sign up here: http://makethingsdostuff.co.uk/
Other ways to get involved with Webmaker this week:
- Weekly Webmaker TLDR update blog post: Introducing Maker Party 2013. Join the open online course. Building Webmaker 2.0.
- Read Moz Rep Ankit Gadgil's invitation to join our new open online course on how to teach the web
- The 16 most awesome (and awful) things we found on the web last week
Speaker Location: No Audio
- Next week we enter the second round of certification testing for Spain/Venezuela/Columbia, so trying to close as many TEF+ bugs as possible this week.
- MMS workweek in Portland, for 2 weeks
No voice update this week
Help us build a history of Mozilla told by Mozillians. Please share your memories about this Mozilla milestone:
- March 17, 1999: AOL completes acquisition of Netscape
60 Seconds with Mozilla IT
Speaker Location: Corey Shields via Vidyo (no screen share)
- hg push server had an issue last week, failover to a redundant push node happened with little impact
- Details: the way hg is setup there is a single server for changes over ssh (pushes) and a whole pool of servers for consumption through http. This single server has a passive replica that we've never had to rely on before last week. Failover to the backup node worked fine as did failing back to the primary node when it was fixed.
- Mozilla is now contributing to pool.ntp.org
- We make use of GPS based time servers in our primary data centers to ensure that our infrastructure is as close to being in sync as possible. These servers are now contributing back to the greater Internet community
- Questions? --> #it and #desktop
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Lizz Noonan||Campaign Coordinator - Firefox||Firefox Flicks update - Early Entry winners||San Francisco||Play videos please||http://firefoxflicks.tumblr.com/post/47706055901/baficiearly||http://www.firefoxflicks.org|
|Paula Le Dieu||UK Hive||Make Things Do Stuff campaign||London UK via Vidyo||Yes -- PDF slides|
|Emajee' Summers||Around the Campfire||Mozilla/Yearup Around the Campfire Event||San Francisco, CA||No||Wikipage in progress|
|Didem Ersoz||WebFWD - Mozilla's Global Accelerator||Help recruit teams for WebFWD IV||Mountain View, CA||No||https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p47xtwp068j577e/1sFb2LZFXK||webfwd.org/apply|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Benjamin Kelly||Lucas Adamski||Mountain View||Reston, VA||Software Engineer, Firefox OS|
|Julien Vehent||Joe Stevensen||Mountain View||Philadelphia, PA||Operations Security Engineer|
|Robert Lord||Paxton Cooper (will introduce him next week)||Carmel||Mountain View||Director of Product Management, Services|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Max Li||David Bolter||Toronto||Toronto||Android/FFOS accessibility (braille, magnification, TBD)|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Services is launching Heka, a new high-volume logging and monitoring infrastructure. It's being deployed in Sync and Marketplace, and available to anyone who needs it. Docs at http://heka-docs.readthedocs.org
- Firefox OS
- Marketplace / AMO
- Work continues on automating app installation and payments testing, using Marionette
- Several issues with the dev cluster - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=864422
- Near continuous deployment - small bug fixes, multiple releases over the last week
- Team is actively scoping the UI refresh work that will be accomplished this quarter. UI Mockups forthcoming in the next few weeks.
- Milestone 43 successfully released on 04.24.2013
Automation & Tools
- Tracked down the issues with the intermittent "Android 2400 second timeout" bug (bug 663657), deploying a fix to the automation this week.
- Moving webGL into its own mochitest suite for android both to possibly fix issues (seems to be memory related) and to give better visibility into its intermittent failures
- New email alerts are soon to be available from Datazilla - this is getting ready to switch to this for performance reporting. If you want to be included in the email from it, ping jeads (#ateam) -- (eventually these will replace the current emails to dev.treemanagment)
- Comparitive pageload tests for Android using Eideticker has landed, and the point grey camera solution for b2g has been proven. Next up: adding the b2g point grey results to the dashboard.
- More news here
- How Mozilla is bringing desktop apps into the browser & to your phone