- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Gloria Meneses in Bogotá, CO, for her work & leadership in Mozilla Reps & her support of the FxOS launch in Colombia
- Sammy Tuman, our awesome Mountain View Shipping Wizard.
- Security Assurance team meet up in San Francisco office this week. Please stop by and say hello. "Open house" & demos on Thursday 2pm (SF 7th floor) w/ cupcakes & cookies!
Monday, 06 May
Tuesday, 07 May
Wednesday, 08 May
Thursday, 09 May
- 2pm - San Francisco - 7th Floor: Meet the security assurance team, watch demos of tools & techniques, FAQ and discussion. Cookies & cupcakes will be provided. Open to all.
- 5:30pm - San Francisco - 7th Floor: we're hosting a patent reform party at Mozilla SF with the Electronic Frontier Foundation. More Info
Friday, 10 May
Saturday, 11 May
Sunday, 12 May
- 5/13, 5:30-7:30 PM >> SF Book Salon & Wine Reception for Susan Crawford. A decade ago, the US led the world in fast, cheap Internet. What happened? More info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Captive-Audience-Book-Salon Signed books for those who arrive early!
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Mozilla Firefox pulls ahead of Google as Chrome market share slips
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Release is now four and a half stars!
- I wrote a thing about the road to get here
- I thought I told you that we won't stop
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: Ryan Merkley, Vancouver
Sunday is Mother's Day! Why not send Mom a hand-crafted web page to show her how much you care? Mozilla makes a tool that makes it easy to tell mom you love her -- Webmaker! We're working on a prototype this week that will help people make a page for Mom -- and learn a little HTML and CSS along the way. We'll share a sneak peek in today's lightning presentation from Jacob Caggiano.
- See Jacob's example
- Use this early Thimble prototype to make your own (more polished version coming later this week)
- Other ways to get involved with Webmaker this week:
- Sign up for Maker Party 2013. Or invite your Mom! :) June 15 - Sep 15. Get together at thousands of big and small webmaking events around the world.
- Join our new "Teach the Web" open online course. Boot camp for Maker Party. Growing a small army to teach the web: programmer mentors, techie grandmas, teachers, novelists, girl scout hackers and you. Meet them and check out highlights here.
- 8 other fun ways to get involved with Webmaker this week.
- 1.0.1: In certification testing with OEMs, trying to fix bugs turned up by that process as quickly as possible.
- 1.1.0: Entering first phase of chipset vendor testing next week, so focus there is getting any regressions and new features cleaned up before it begins.
- MMS Workweek in Portland ongoing this week.
- Geeksphones seem to be flying off the virtual shelves as fast as they can restock them.
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Help us build a history of Mozilla told by Mozillians. Please share your memories about this Mozilla milestone:
- November 14, 2000: Netscape 6 released based on open source code
60 Seconds with Mozilla IT
Speaker Location: mrz in SF (on the couch)
- Mozilla IT, a Rubik's Cube & a classroom (and a video).
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Diane Bisgeier||Program Manager, WebFWD||How you can get a WebFWD tshirt and hopefully MESSENGER BAG||Mozilla San Francisco||No screen share - just showing off the schwag you can get if you refer a team to our next class.||Here's the messenger bag :) > https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=361822707265407&set=pb.218655251582154.-2207520000.1367814592.&type=3&theater||Details on WebFWD at http://webfwd.org|
|Jacob Caggiano||Lead Makesmith, Webmaker.org||Our simple template for making your Mom proud on Mother's Day||My Aunt's apartment, New York, NY||Yes, screenshare indeed.||https://thimble.webmaker.org/p/lrxw/edit|
|Mike Morgan||Director, Web Development||Manager Hacking Session 2 in SF||Mountain View||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Manager_Hacking|
|Dia Bondi (IRC thejudge)||Head of Knowledge Cultivation||Capture Mozilla is Air.Mozilla too! + Badges||San Francisco||No||https://air.mozilla.org/channels/culture_and_context/ https://badges.mozilla.org/en-US/|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Meadhbh Hamrick||Sid Stamm||Mountain View||Mountain View||Security Engineer|
|Jannis Leidel||Laura Thomson||Mountain View||Germany||Web Developer|
|Justin O'Kelly||Mike Manning||Mountain View||San Francisco||Managing press relations and media strategy|
|Jason Weathersby||Mark Coggins||San Francisco||Inman, SC||Firefox OS Technical Evangelist|
|Marcos Cáceres||Andrew Overholt||San Francisco||Lisbon, Portugal||Platform API Designer/Engineer|
|Shyam Mani||mrz||San Francisco||Mountain View||IT Developer Services|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Firefox OS
- keep up-to-date with all the latest in a nice, digestible format, here:
- have Unagi commercial-RIL builds in our CI, with runs against them
- apart from an annoying "ding"-on-notification issues (each restart), they look good
- now we can troubleshoot the modem issue
- Inaris requested from ServiceNow
- have an engineering build on 1.0.1 for them
- will soon set up a download job and run against them
- 3 new tests (Marketplace, Settings)
- Some good coverage re-enabled as devs repaired regressions
- Full-steam ahead on Payments testing although no significant coverage in place yet
- Dave Hunt made good gain in reliability by configuring device state before the testrun
- mbrandt 1.1 manual testing and testcase creation
- Work continues on automating the app installation and payments flow using Marionette
- Several issues with the dev cluster - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=864422
- Near continuous deployment - small bug fixes, multiple releases over the last week
- Team is actively scoping the UI refresh work that will be accomplished this quarter. UI Mockups forthcoming in the next few weeks.
- Milestone 43 successfully released on 04.24.2013
Automation & Tools
- New, less noisy metrics available from Autophone, measuring Firefox startup on real Android phones
- Working on getting gaia UI tests into parity with gecko tests, and so we have Gaia UI tests live on Cedar (look for U's)
- Stabilizing automated tests for x86 Android Firefox builds using emulators going well. Reftests work out of the box, hoping to have mochitests done soon. See bug 828571 for details.
- More Eideticker-with-camera work going on behind the scenes. Full dashboard support will arrive soon.
- More News here