- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- [mcote] Public ES server for Bugzilla.
- [ctalbert] Running test harnesses in parallel i.e. xpcshell
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Getting gaia tests running in parity with gecko tests in TBPL
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
- [bc] landed bug 866195 - Improve Autophone s1s2 test reproducibility, back filling results
- Gaia Unit tests in TBPL on cedar: https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Cedar (look for U)
- Working on getting gaia tests in parity with gecko tests in buildbot/TBPL; see dev.b2g post at https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mozilla.dev.b2g/QhsFilCEsCs
- Spade - a tool that can analyze various websites and determine if the sites are properly using CSS and user agent sniffing to determine how well supported our mobile UA's (for Firefox on Android and B2G) are supported on the web.
- Mauro's been making the system more performant using celery and asynchronous queue processing.
- x86 progress being tracked under bug 828571
- Run through all test harnesses
- Reftests seem to work pretty much out of the box
- Lots of timeouts and unexpected results for mochitests
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/867325,868289
- [edmorley] Patches:
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 868289, bug 868290.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 7.6
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 738333.
- [mcote] still working on fixing and improving contributor patch in bug 738333.
Performance (3rd Monday)
- Lots more b2g/pointgrey work behind the scenes
- b2g dashboard mostly working (generating data locally here in Montreal) minus some details, see: http://eideticker.wrla.ch/b2g
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [mcote], [mihneadb] have been working on some mozdevice fixes (bug 868505, bug 868574).
- Discussion on mozlog/logging on mozilla.tools: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.tools/vnD-K5Rmifw/IGsaS4LoR8cJ
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/823618,823620,823621,823631,823634,839486,867563,867580,823637,867238
- [edmorley] Testing/fixing up of new features prior to production push (bug 867213).
- [edmorley] Patches:
- [edmorley] Unmanaged trees have been removed treestatus using the new delete trees feature (bug 822901).
Holidays and Trips
- Today is a UK bank holiday.