Our Canadian friends are out today for the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 2.1 Firefox
- 2.2 Gecko
- 2.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Firefox 3.5.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 2.4 Thunderbird 3
- 2.5 SeaMonkey
- 2.6 Mobile
- 2.7 IT
- 2.8 Release Engineering
- 2.9 QA
- 2.10 Security
- 2.11 Marketing/PR
- 2.12 Support
- 2.13 Metrics
- 2.14 Evangelism
- 2.15 Labs
- 2.16 Developer Tools
- 2.17 Add-ons
- 2.18 Webdev
- 2.19 L10n
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
Please send FotT nominations to email@example.com. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.
- No more front-end beta blockers (bug queries).
- moving on to remaining 3.6 blockers so that we're in a good position to ship this quarter
- ongoing theme development work for Firefox 3.7 and 4.0, discussions in dev-apps-firefox
- targeting find-tab-in-awesomebar for Firefox 3.7
- prioritizing projects for Firefox 3.7 work this week, watch this space for more!
- Last week, on Tuesday, we attempted to freeze for 1.9.2 beta 1. There were several remaining issues at the close of the usual dev meeting, but the consensus seemed to be that we were good to freeze. Still, two bugs (bug 517355 and bug 517909) kept us from freezing and we're still working on one of them. The last one is a perf regression that is taking the time of Jason Orendorff, Boris, and Andreas. Andreas produced a couple of patches that will hopefully fix the problem, but we need to see numbers today to know for sure.
- At today's CrashKill we will go over top crash assignments again. Also, we may be at a point where this meeting isn't necessary as we're tracking crashes closely now. We'll have that discussion then.
- Team blocker numbers:
Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Firefox 3.5.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- Firefox 3.0.15 / Firefox 3.5.4
- 3.5.4 went to beta early on Friday, hoping to get better coverage
- 3.0.15 will go to beta this week, likely Wednesday
- Still on track for release on October 21
- Firefox 3.0.16 / Firefox 3.5.5
- no set schedule yet
- opening the tree and starting approvals this afternoon
- Thunderbird 3 string frozen
- comm-central branches: 2009-10-22
- Code Freeze for RC1: 2009-10-30 23:59 PST
- L10n deadline: 2009-11-02 23:59 PST
- RC1 builds start on: 2009-11-03
- Subsequent RCs as necessary.
- Please help us make the release happen with
- bugzilla.mozilla.org Upgrade
- Pushing off update till next week to give more testing time.
- Up in stage @ https://bugzilla-stage-tip.mozilla.org
- Please play with it and report problems *before* it goes to production. :)
- Socorro Storage
- Moved Socorro storage to new 20 TB storage platform last night.
- All the pending (active) submitted reports were processed before the cut over.
- Deferred crashes for the last 10 days are no longer automatically available.
- Crash processing should work normally for any crashes submitted since 11:00 PM last night (both active and deferred crashes).
- Moved Socorro storage to new 20 TB storage platform last night.
Please find us on #breakpad or log a bug if you want us to find and process a specific deferred crash (from the last 10 days).
- Mobile changeover from TP3 -> TP4.
- Fennec 1.0beta4, FF3.5.4 beta last week
- FF3.0.15, refreshed MU, FF3.6beta1 this week.
- Tested and shipped Fx3.5.4 to beta. 153 verified1.9.1 bugs verified to date.
- Expecting Fx3.6b1 builds this week to QA. 23 verified1.9.2 bugs last week.
- Mozmill automation update: 92% smoketests, 32% BFTs completed. Full details here
Web Dev Testing
- Tested the Jetpack Gallery website. Filed 30 bugs. The need for testing Jetpack was a surprise. Please, please, please, let us know if you are working on new web sites or need testing help early on in the project.
- See Test Coverage spreadsheet to see the manual and automated test cases we are creating
- Tested Plugin Update site on PPC and Intel Based Mas for Falsh Compatibility
- MDC: Wrote and sent around a test plan. Sheppy approved.
Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community
- Have verified the agent/server approach by running mochitest and xpcshell on WinMo, and mochitest on WinCE
- We have XBL2 tests ready for people to contribute - look for an upcoming post on planet this week
- Prototyped running all tests under valgrind
- Our sprint roadmap for Q4 is completed. If there is anything you'd like to volunteer to help with, let us know!
- And more details are here.
- No updates this week.
- Firefox 3.6 beta on the way
- Mozilla plugin check in the news
- Fennec beta 4 for Maemo in CNET
- Updates to EU settlement in InformationWeek, InternetNews, CIO Today, The Street and ComputerWorld
JRSL press Coverage
- La Tercera Article with Chofmann
- mouse.tercera.cl Tercera Article
- Que Pasa Magazine Article expected 17 Oct ]
- Informatica Magazine
- Feature for new video blog area on FayerWayer <http://www.fayerwayer.com>, currently the most popular blogs in ALL of Latin America (and the third most read in the spanish language) — it’s kind of the latin Gizmodo. Cony Sturm/Leo Prieto
Mozilla Service Week
- Please share your "Stories" for our round up next week. Post on Mozillaservice.org or email mary @ mozilla dot com.
- Total pledge hours: Over 13,000
- Reported hours to-date: 8,610
- Please submit your hours and get your certificate!
- Jornadas Regionales de Software Libre en Chile and MozCamp Chlie October 5 - 9, 2009, Santiago, Chile - Seth, Chofmann, Juan, Dan Mills, PascalC, Jorge and I all spent last week in Chile. Please check out the wiki as we are adding all of the presentations from the last week. We havd a very successful week, determining goals for the Mozilla Hispano Community during MozCamp. Jornadas had over 1,096 attendees and we got over 200 people interested in contributing to the Mozilla Project which the community will be following up with. I will be positing a blog soon with my thoughts on the trip this week and please look for a brown bag invitation soon where we will talk about our expereinces.
- Schedule for MozCamp Chile
- Schedule for JRSL.
- Twitter-Flickr-Picassa Mashup
- Free Software and Open Source Symposium (FSOSS) October 29 - 30, 2009 Toronto, Canada. We are sponsoring this event. We currently have representation from both Mozilla Foundation and Corporation speaking.
- Add-on-Con December 2009, Mountain View, CA. We are sponsoring this event and starting to build sessions aroudn the event theme.
- Notes from last community marketing call here.
- Community marketing call this Wednesday, Oct. 20th at 10 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC
- Dial-in Info: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#
- Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. If you're outside the US, use Skype to call in with our toll-free number.
- You can also watch the meeting live in Open Video at air mozilla
- For those that can't make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on IRC (irc.mozilla.org).
- Planning for the upcoming EU Browser Ballot
- Knowledge Base audit of articles relevant for new Windows users
- SUMO start page customized for new users running Windows 7
- For details, see the SUMO planning page
- User Outreach - we implemented feedback buttons/forms on three of our most critical user touch points at mozilla.com.
- We're hoping to better understand user experiences and pain points on the minds of users (and ultimately, make changes and improvements)
- We should have some results in a couple weeks
- New demos coming for mobile and for desktop machines from Paul Rouget and corresponding demos on hacks - watch those two blogs for updates.
- developer.mozilla.org - getting it on the production train with webdev
- Personas developer release 1.4 this week, to add undo feature and change look-and-feel.
- Labs talks in Spanish - presented at MozCamp Chile '09
- AMO 5.2 Code freeze tomorrow
- Personas in AMO
- Download sources
- Add-ons Meetup in MV tomorrow at 7!
- Fx 3.6 Compatibility at 52%
- Plugin Check goes live tommorrow. Our previous blog post generated a lot of useful feedback -- thank you! Please take a look at our test server and see if you still have any thoughts on how to improve it. Read more about the web ui or the web service.
- Jetpack gallery is nearing its beta launch. Check it out and if you have feedback let us know.
- IT and Webdev will have on-site training tomorrow for optimizing and maintaining Sphinx, which powers custom search for AMO and SUMO. Will write a blog post summarizing what we learn.
- Les Orchard is in town
- L10n presentation summaries from Prague
- L10n presentation summaries from Chile
- Ongoing work with l10n for both web and product for FF 3.6 and Fennec
- L10n localizer reports coming soon
- Feedback from Prague is that Localizers are feeling much better about the patches going in to 3.6, compared to 3.5. In particular not as much back and forth. Partly this would be due to 3.7 not being too far out and thus "no" is a better answer.
- Get involved with the new Get Involved page by adding contribution opportunities to the staging wiki page and by using buttons to promote the page. Contact david at mozillafoundation dot org if you'd like to talk more about this.