- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/872197,872494
- [edmorley] Patches:
- Add support for full-stack emulator builds (bug 872197).
- Further work on the AutomatedSummaryGenerator.php rewrite.
- [edmorley] Initial investigation into adding git support to TBPL.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 5.62
- [edmorley] Created first draft of wireframe mockup for partial log viewer.
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [wlach] - Get inaris working
- [wlach] - More firefoxos startup tests
- [wlach] - Troubleshooting issues with galaxy nexus numbers (bug 875820)
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley, RyanVM, KWierso, ctalbert] Drafted sheriffing module description.
- [edmorley] WIP for importing m-cMerge into TBPL.
Holidays and Trips
- Today is a UK bank holiday & a US public holiday.