Firefox OS Activities
Firefox OS is the new mobile operating system developed by Mozilla. Firefox OS phones are currently being launched in countries all over the world. Become a part of the mobile movement that's sweeping nations! Below you will find activities you can participate in, attend, or be in charge of. Get ready to mobilize.
| Introduce Firefox OS
- Give an introduction to Firefox OS with these presentation decks and videos!
| Give a Demo
- Got a Firefox OS? Here's how you can demo it.
| Get Apps Built
- Throw a hackathon-like event and get awesome Firefox OS apps built.
| Other Ways to Mobilize
- Check out these simple ways to spread the OS love at your university.
Introduce Firefox OS
Here are some resources you can use to introduce Firefox OS at an event.
- Time: 10 to 30 minutes
- Audience: 10 members & above
- Skill: beginners
Firefox OS Flicks Videos
Give a Demo
Speaking to an audience that's familiar with developing? Give them a demo or show them one!
- Time: 30min to 1 hour
- Audience: 10 or more members
- Skill: basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
Get Apps Built
Are you a developer or want to encourage others to work on HTML5 Apps? Then this is for you! Host an "Hack Day" (call it what you want) to get developers to start hacking on apps for the Firefox Marketplace. The event is easy to host and will allow you to play a large part in raising awareness about Firefox OS and HTML5. Hopefully by the end of the event you will also get to see some amazing apps from developers in your region!
- Time: Full day event/ 8 hours
- Skill: basic to advanced understanding of HTML5, CSS3
App Day in a Box
App Day in a Box (ADIAB) is a full or half day ‘hacking’ event for developers, built on the first round of Firefox OS App Days in January 2013. Future App Days will be hosted and organized by Mozilla Reps. Reach out to them if you're interested! The event:
- Help developers get started building Firefox Apps
- Educate and inspire developers to work on HTML5 apps and submit them to the Firefox Marketplace
- The overall format is a day that includes some tech talks following by coding, followed by demos
- Feel free to experiment with more interactive learning sessions
Other Ways to Mobilize On Campus
In addition to being a participant in the Mobilizer program or hosting an App Day Event, there are several easy ways in which you can promote Firefox OS on your campus. A few ideas are available for you below:
1. Give a talk about Firefox OS to your class or for other clubs on campus
Show them how Firefox OS will help them accomplish their goals as an organization!
(As a reminder, more Firefox OS resources are available in our Toolkit)
2. Give demos of your phone to classmates
Show them how easy the phone is to use and the high quality of the web browsing experience!
3. Approach your school's newspaper to see if you can write a column about Firefox OS
You can also invite one of the reporters to a meeting of your Firefox Club or one of your events - let them see how passionate you are!
4. Use social media to write about Firefox OS and use hash tags to reach wider audience
5. Create a Facebook group for Firefox OS owners at your school
Let them know about the activities of your Firefox Club and give them frequent tips about how to get the most out of their Firefox OS phone. Feel free to get creative and throw